Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My two boys decided that they should get into the dressing up the dogs thing. But no pink and frilly things for them its time for poodle pirates.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or how about the poodle police. Or possibly poodles with walkie talkies. Poodles on broomsticks? Oh well they had a good time. Betty Jo and Jenny were both glad to sit down and relax once all the love and dressing up was over.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
What awesome photos Deb!! Your kids and Betty-Jo and Jenny are way too cute together. The girls are so incredibly tolerant and just go with the flow. We are lucky to have them! Awesome temperaments!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes bless their hearts they are wonderful with the kids and put up with a lot. But the kids do love them so much and Betty Jo and Jenny know that. Tonight at bedtime it was once again the 3 kids wanting one or all the dogs to sleep with them. In fact one of the biggest threats I can make to my oldest is if you don't do your job you won't get to sleep with a dog tonight. Though he does complain from time to time that they are bed hogs and that they kick him out of bed every now and then. Several times he has came to me in the morning saying he slept on the floor as the dogs were hogging the bed.

Kids and dogs just are great together.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Yes bless their hearts they are wonderful with the kids and put up with a lot. But the kids do love them so much and Betty Jo and Jenny know that. Tonight at bedtime it was once again the 3 kids wanting one or all the dogs to sleep with them. In fact one of the biggest threats I can make to my oldest is if you don't do your job you won't get to sleep with a dog tonight. Though he does complain from time to time that they are bed hogs and that they kick him out of bed every now and then. Several times he has came to me in the morning saying he slept on the floor as the dogs were hogging the bed.

Kids and dogs just are great together.
Best combo in the world!! That is a hoot...threatening not to let Dan have a dog to sleep with. He must love them a lot if that motivates a teenager!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just love those pics, especially because I only have 1 boy and expect hime to start doing this later with Poppy. My fav was the one with the older son holding one of the girls at knife point, is that a hook on the girls paw? Looks like it and if so how did they get that to stay on her.

I have just started letting Poppy sleep with Logan and every morning I hear "can Poppy sleep with me again tonight?" I always say lets see how your day goes and if its good yes. Found another positve motivation in letting her sleep with him.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just love those pics, especially because I only have 1 boy and expect hime to start doing this later with Poppy. My fav was the one with the older son holding one of the girls at knife point, is that a hook on the girls paw? Looks like it and if so how did they get that to stay on her.

I have just started letting Poppy sleep with Logan and every morning I hear "can Poppy sleep with me again tonight?" I always say lets see how your day goes and if its good yes. Found another positve motivation in letting her sleep with him.
Its actually a shield. There is a strap on the back that they slipped Betty Jo's paw through. Its been a real laugh to see the differences on how my son dresses up the dogs as opposed to how my daughter does. I had to laugh. I was amazed that they would agree to the eye patch thing.

Its a wonderful thing when the dogs themselves can be a motivator for the kids.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I talked to Lucybug about how cute her big sisters were dressing up in costumes and she said she'd rather play with Katie than the boys, because she doesn't want to be anything but a PRINCESS!! :lol: :pound:

Very cute pics and very good girls!!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts