Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is Aero who came home last week at 9 weeks old.

We had decided to take a puppy roadtrip so we could check things out and pick him up ourselves. I had been talking with the breeder for months but wanted to meet her, the dam, and other puppies. Pennsylvania is a long way from Texas, but a beautiful drive! Round trip over 3,000 miles but we visited relatives along the way, toured Nashville, went to a farm day festival in Virginia, toured the battle field in Gettysburg before we picked him up. He was great the whole way home, stopping every two hours and also staying at a hotel overnight. I had been prepared to hear a puppy crying most of the way and thought I would have to sleep in the truck with him overnight. He happily slept in his crate or played with toys the whole way. His dad is from Mount Bethel Standard poodles and mom with a cobreeder. I think he will end up a little over 50 lbs when grown but this is the smallest puppy I have ever raised ( I got Dewey at 13 weeks and he was much bigger ).

The drive home:

Exhausted from playing:

He has been so much fun! We are trying to experience many new things everyday. We start puppy classes later this week.

·
Premium Member
22,990 Posts
Congratulations. Aero looks like a wonderful pup. What do Dewey and Rex think? Lily was not pleased with Javelin's arrival. Peeves was much kinder to him when he was little, but decided he was annoying when he got testosterone. Thankfully Lily decided she liked him by then.

Reactions: StormeeK

·
Registered
173 Posts
Aero is adorable! I hope he settles in nicely with your other two.

·
Premium Member
9,623 Posts
What a handsome puppy and a champion traveler, for sure! Glad you and DH managed to do some sightseeing and visiting along the way. Is he black or silver?

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
What a beautiful puppy and what an amazing trip.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Congratulations on your beautiful new boy! Gosh he's a handsome one!!!! Hope you have an easy puppyhood!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes he is a silver! The second and third pic do look much darker and it is hard to tell. There were 7 puppies and all are to be blue or silver. Mother is silver, father white. Looking for a silver was the hard part. I was also hoping for a parent that did therapy work, and his mom does but also loves barn hunt. He is already sniffing out moles in my yard.

Dewey and Rex sniff him every day then run do their own thing. I think he knows not to be too annoying at this point because they will tell him to stop. I'm trying to make sure he is looking to me for direction first because I can tell he wants to "run with the big dogs" when we are all walking around in the yard.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Aww he is a beauty! What a lovely drive too, this is a nice time of year for it. I am thinking of a trip up north soon. I still have a cousin in NY and some BFF's in Pa. My hub and I often took long road trips but the past few years his health can't been great and he has become afraid to travel anywhere. Last week he said I should go ahead and plan a trip but he would stay behind but I'd have to board Renn as he can't handle him. Hmm not ready to do that. Well you have yourself one mighty handsome pup, good luck with him.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts