Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so puppy is going to have a natural tail.

I'm a HUGE HUGE fan of the german clip LOVE it. but how the heck (carrot style not pokered) is that going to look wtih a natural tail???

Or leave it long ala vinnie and vegas?

(Yes i'm way to excited for puppy and have been studying my kalstone book since i got it last week *L*)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
You really can't do a carrot tail..which always made me sad that I couldn't do a proper german clip..i've seen some people who let the tail grow long and fluffy and I didn't like it like that too much..i try to keep it trimmed short.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah- i figured it would look bad- a pokered even worse...

can't do a great pom pom ball either witha natural tail *Sigh* Course pup is 4 weeks old and barely has any hair LOL i'm getting a WEE bit ahead of myself. Thankfully so far her tail looks pretty decent for length/shape (not too gay)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Nevar,

There's a very NICE looking European dog done in a German on a groomer's forum. It was done at the WORLD competition and he's beautiful. Of course, over seas, it's illegal to crop tails, so his tail is al natural. Don't know if I can post the link here or not, but you can pm me and I'd be glad to give you the link :)

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Vegas's tail isn't natural, it's just a long dock :) I loove it! I don't know if I want to make it a pom tail or just a fluffy tail? We'll see with time!

Here's a shaved natural tail on one of the most gorgeous browns I've ever seen.
Getting better at this posing lark ;-) on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The more I watch Quincey grow, the more I fall in love with natural tails. I'll always love a docked tail, but I'd love having a natural one too!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK Vegas's is a long dock!

OK hmmm that pokered tail doesn't look as masculine when it's long... hmmmmmmm

Yese i'm slightly getting ahead of myself pups only 5 weeks old now :p

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Vegas's tail isn't natural, it's just a long duck :) I loove it! I don't know if I want to make it a pom tail or just a fluffy tail? We'll see with time!

Here's a shaved natural tail on one of the most gorgeous browns I've ever seen.
Getting better at this posing lark ;-) on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The more I watch Quincey grow, the more I fall in love with natural tails. I'll always love a docked tail, but I'd love having a natural one too!
LOL... Hehe, that would be funny.. he would chase his tail!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
It is appealing to me too!! I like when he makes eyes contact with me, you can hear it thump, thump thumping on the floor. A very curled tail is not very attractive undocked, but a straight tail or one with a slight curl is nice. Quincy has a lovely tail with a slight curl.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I groom a rescue standard boy in a mod. german. He has a natural tail with no curl. I leave it just barely longer than shaved and it looks really nice on him. Multiple clients have commented positively on his tail :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts