Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mum and her sisters were sitting round the table finishing lunch and nattering and Sophy and I were waiting and being very, very good to see if there was a tiny bit of something nice left for us and Tilly slipped up and sat very neatly on a chair and they went on talking and Tilly stretched out a paw and they were still talking and Tilly swiped a huge slice of cold turkey and ate it, and we have not been allowed any turkey because Mum says it gives Sophy a poorly tummy. And all the humans jumped up and made sure we couldn't get any and while they were looking at us and telling us not to touch Tilly took another chunk!! So Mum said we could have just a taste, as it didn't have any skin or fat on, but we got just a taste and Tilly got two great big slices, and I think of all the unfair things that have happened in my life that may be the most unfair of all. Mum says we have had loads of bits of special ham instead, and has promised to cook us lots and lots of chicken, but even so...

Poppy xx

·
Registered
25 Posts
Poppy, that is totally unfair! Maggie stole and ate almost a whole stick of our string cheese last week and didn’t get in trouble, so we can totally relate. Riley and Avery

Reactions: Mfmst and fjm

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Dear Poppy

I commiserate totally with you! I wasn't allowed not one tiny bit of ANYTHING !!! The retrievers are still being trained not to beg, so I had to suffer with them! SO UNFAIR because I always wait very patiently ........... and then of course I had to keep my eye on that dog named 'Izzy'... that kept me so busy I barely had time to check the kitchen for morsels!!! My day was ruined by those 'other' dogs and it is just not fair!

Love
Your Friend
MOLLY

P.S. My Mom promised me New Years Eve would be different, since it will just be 'us'!!!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
That is so unfair Poppy! There was lots of food that mum wouldn’t let me share either but at least I didn’t have to watch any of my cousins stealing it in front of me.

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cats always do seem to get away with things that we would get told off for, Riley and Avery, and having to be good to set an example to puppies and then not getting a reward is very, very unfair, Molly. It's not begging if you wait politely, and then follow the plates into the kitchen and sit and say please - that's Asking Nicely, which is Allowed. Begging is jumping up and down and barking to get bits before Mum eats them all, which is what I do on picnics! I hope there you have lots of nice things to eat with your Mum at New Year, to make up for it.

Poppy xx

Reactions: MollyMuiMa

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Naughty Tilly! I am sorry you and Sophy didn't get a nice piece of turkey, but I am sure your peeps will make sure you both get something nice and if turkey makes Sophy have a bad belly then you should be happy about that part.

Reactions: fjm

·
Premium Member
9,619 Posts
Dear Poppy,

I don’t blame you for being outraged. Turkey is delicious! I can count and know if I’ve been shortchanged. To see extra helpings, artfully snagged by Tilly and then have your rightful share reduced to one tiny piece! It’s not as if turkey is on the menu every week, like chicken.

At least you were invited to join the festivities. We had visitors and I wasn’t allowed to spend as much time as I wanted with the tiny male human. He calls me pup-pup and we both wanted to be with each other more than his humans allowed. I had to bark about the unfairness of this.

Your pal,

Buck

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We don't have any very small humans, Buck, although Sophy really likes them because they drop so much food! All ours are big, and very kind, but when they get together they make lots and lots of noise and laugh and move things and take ages to all be ready for a walk and when we do get out they want to stop to look at things or go into shops and have to be waited for and although it doesn't sound cross or anything it does make me very, very tired. Last night we had our proper bed back, and we all slept for nearly 11 hours! And even then Mum had to wake me up because she knew I would need to go out for a pee. She says we will be going to stay with Jilly soon, and that will be lovely - it will just be Mum and Jilly and us, and Jilly is very, very kind and always has a big comfy bed ready for us upstairs and cushions and throws downstairs and chicken in the fridge, and she has a very exciting garden with squirrels and cats to chase out of it and even foxes to bark at, and a park with lots of other dogs just across the road. We like staying with Jilly!

·
Premium Member
3,330 Posts
Dear Poppy,

I think it was unfair of Tilly to steal such nice snacks and for you not to get any. If You wants, I'll come over and barks at Tilly next time. Cats get away with everything and we dogs have to be so good all the time. It's not fair at all.

Noelle

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MORE UNFAIRNESS!!! My Mum has put on clean clothes and a posh jackets and that means she is going to a party and we love parties but when we told her we were all ready to go she said we can't go, as we are not invited! We ALWAYS go to parties!! She says it is at Kerry's house, and Kerry prefers not to have dogs visiting, but we know Kerry and she likes us, even if she is too big to play with. We are going to sit up by the bathroom window and stare at them across the courtyard till Mum comes home again. We hate it when Mum goes out and we can hear her but can't go too...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts