Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They say laughter is the very best medicine sooooo.... medicate me, I beg you!

Hubby and I are at eachothers throats over the tiniest things this past week. He took last monday off, he was supposed to go get saleen that day but since she was already home we both used that day to enjoy our new edition and eachother's company. It was the last good day we had. I don't recall every being this grouchy with eachother for this long.

We've been at it all week and most of the weekend. I have to admit that some of the arguements we've had are pretty funny when taken out of context. For example we went to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch saturday and I commented that I wished that they had put the lettuce and tomato on the side on on top of the burger instead of underneath it on the bottom bun. It makes the bug soggy when it do it that way :( and I can't stand soggy bread. Anyway no big deal really, in those cases I normaly just take the offending sandwich apart and eat it with a fork so I don't have to touch the bread. Apparently it was a big deal to him and it started a arguement, about the ninth one in four days. Oh yeah, lunch was a great idea honey. Hubby ended the arguement by ordering a mojito... Which started another arguement somewhere along the lines of I need a drink to sit here and eat lunch with you.
Go ahead and laugh, I did ... later anyway. Today has been quite on the battle front with the exception of an spat over what has become our favorite subject - Saleen. Over taking her to puppy classes.... *eye roll* I swear. More than one of my friends has commented that they would love to be a fly on the wall at our house for a day.

So how about it.... do y'all like soggy burger buns?? LoL :2in1:

·
Registered
478 Posts
DH and I had that week last week. It was a very emotional week for me as a friend of mine passed away. I don't always enjoy my job (I babysit and some days are better than others) and so that was making me grouchy and then the disagreeing over the little white poodle girl...well - we had a BAD WEEK.
But the good news is, after sitting down and talking through everything and trying to see both sides (he had some things bothering him, so I needed to examine my role in that and see what I could change and he did the same for me). We got away to a dog show this weekend - something DH hates but he did it for me. (He even gave up all the basketball games showing that day).
And now we're back to enjoying each other. It's funny how marriage works that way! Somedays you think your gonna strangle each other and other days you feel like you are with your best friend.
(Although this week is starting off interesting...the van is in the shop and two of my babies called in sick so I won't get paid...but at least I had a great weekend! :)

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
LOL That is funny my bf and I fight over stupid things all the time also. Our main argument is " what do you want to eat " lol We will argue about that for at least 20mins before we find something or some where to go.

Bf loves Italian food and I don't , I like Thai food and he does but he claims it makes him sick :loco: So we argue about it.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
lol....ya, I think arguements come on in spurts. Its like you have a god aweful week of fighting instead of just a few spread out here and there.

For the most part hubby and I have worked through those arguement stages and its usually just one hear and there. We still have a bad week from time to time though. The dog situation is a soar subject but it's working itself out... I think. Ok well, he says that I took his dog away from him (amstaff we had for a month about 8 months ago). He got a gorgeous Amstaff show potential from a long time Amstaff breeder that is known to be a pain in the butt. Long story short....hubby was offered this puppy free, we accepted and the breeder was a bug a boo to say the least. I wanted my husband to give the dog back and rid our hands from this breeder. He did so and still to this day never completely forgave me...well he says he did but its still a soar subject. Not to mention the dog turned out to be beautiful and would easily be a special....made it even worse. lol

So now Im trying to get my husband on board to showing Standard Poodles and to let the Amstaff thing go. I really wanted him to come to this weekend's show but of course both my boys became sick and he had to stay back and watch the kids. I know he would of had a good time meeting new people (poodle people) and became more open to showing Spoo's. I personally think he likes to be a stinker about the Poodle thing because he know's it drives me nutts. Im still working on him to get on board with me so we can establish a kennel and really get working on bringing some dogs out to these show's. We are supposed to be a team....well thats what we tell each other. lol

Oh...did I mention that he also thinks the Poodles are great dogs and he really likes them. He just doesn't want to show Poodles he says. All I hear is Blah blah blah.....after this weekend Im hooked. Its better then showing Amstaff's. Poodle's are much more showy in my opinion. He goes roller blading with the Spoo's and all but he wont show one. Darn men....

Anyhow, now that I rambled on and on ..... Yes Wonderpup, I wouldn't want a soggy bun either! lmao!

About the training class's.....what's the arguement? Is it who's going to take Saleen?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
So now Im trying to get my husband on board to showing Standard Poodles and to let the Amstaff thing go. I really wanted him to come to this weekend's show but of course both my boys became sick and he had to stay back and watch the kids. I know he would of had a good time meeting new people (poodle people) and became more open to showing Spoo's. I personally think he likes to be a stinker about the Poodle thing because he know's it drives me nutts. Im still working on him to get on board with me so we can establish a kennel and really get working on bringing some dogs out to these show's. We are supposed to be a team....well thats what we tell each other. lol
Sigh LOL we almost have a similar situation ! My bf keeps saying Enzo is a sissy and not a real dog etc... We fight about that also. He too has amstaff ( Jasmine) and his favorite dog Frisco who is a apbt and boxer mix.

Like yesterday I snapped at him when we went hiking with Enzo yesterday ( will post some pictures later today) He was saying he is a sissy for not leading us on the trail .... I told him because Enzo is not dominate he is the follower he wants to do what I say and go where I go. The reason why my bf was so mad because Enzo would get in front stop and kept waiting for us ( which I expected him to do so ) then he would get behind me and follow. We where hiking on a more nature like trail and we had to climb over rocks again he says " Enzo is a sissy because we had to pick him up to get over rock!. I told him he is a darn puppy you can't expect him to be able to jump that high ( enzo did try and i was proud of him lol)

We also fight about dogs because my bf thinks he knows more than me and he honestly does not lol I tell him he needs to train his dog better because my former dog Kayla was better than his Frisco lol I only pull that card when I am sick of him putting down Enzo or saying how great Frisco is. Don't get me wrong his dog is great but I am sick of hearing it over and over lol

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Sigh LOL we almost have a similar situation ! My bf keeps saying Enzo is a sissy and not a real dog etc... We fight about that also. He too has amstaff ( Jasmine) and his favorite dog Frisco who is a apbt and boxer mix.

Like yesterday I snapped at him when we went hiking with Enzo yesterday ( will post some pictures later today) He was saying he is a sissy for not leading us on the trail .... I told him because Enzo is not dominate he is the follower he wants to do what I say and go where I go. The reason why my bf was so mad because Enzo would get in front stop and kept waiting for us ( which I expected him to do so ) then he would get behind me and follow. We where hiking on a more nature like trail and we had to climb over rocks again he says " Enzo is a sissy because we had to pick him up to get over rock!. I told him he is a darn puppy you can't expect him to be able to jump that high ( enzo did try and i was proud of him lol)

We also fight about dogs because my bf thinks he knows more than me and he honestly does not lol I tell him he needs to train his dog better because my former dog Kayla was better than his Frisco lol I only pull that card when I am sick of him putting down Enzo or saying how great Frisco is. Don't get me wrong his dog is great but I am sick of hearing it over and over lol
lol...ya Poodles are definately followers. I have to say that both my Poodles follow me everywhere. I honestly think they will be more protective if something ever happened then some other breeds because they feel the need to be near you every waking moment. They also seem to be more obedient then any other dog Ive ever owned. Ready to do what you ask at all times.

Enzo will become more self confident and be flying over those rocks soon. Your right...he's only a baby. Sting would be the same way.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder if the poo's can teach the hubby to follow?

I hate to say it but he isn't even home right now and already I am gearing up for a real knock down blow out sign the damn paper and pack your **** kind of fight....

Maybe it's just me :girlshit: lol.

Poor guy, he is completely unaware. I'm really going to have to be careful about how I approch the subject of a budget in our home - thats what's bothering me (pre-existing credit card debt and living paycheck to paycheck meets wife who grew up with money). I don't want to make it seem like it is all his fault and he's a bad person. I understand the situation that led him to this, I just want to make it better and get our finances to a point where I can have the lifestyle I'd like, with a big savings account, and without owing tons of cash to creditors. Thats not to much to ask is it?

Haha, I'm glad to know I'm not alone in the arguements over where to eat and the dogs. At least to his credit he doesn't object to the poodles at all. He doesn't like Howie much at all though and we argue sometimes about him. If I were to decide to rehome Howie John wouldn't be sorry to see him go and wouldn't miss him at all. Of course it was a love me love my dog kind of arrangement so he's stuck with Howie I'm afraid.

On the bright side he did say something almost nice last night. I was sitting in the bathroom with Jazz in the tub covered in green food color and he came in to see how it was going. He had to chuckle I guess and Jazz started wagging her tail of course flinging green food coloring EVERYWHERE. He said to Jazz that he she was sooo cute and he was sooooo sorry she was green lol. I asked him if he ever imagined in a million years that he would marry somebody like me. He said no. But you were hoping to right !:p He said suuurreee, why not, something different and it keeps my life interesting so I' glad I have you.
Awwwwww that would have earned him a kiss if Jazz hadn't picked that moment to try and shake the water from her coat sending dye all over the bathroom LoL.

Yeah try that whole soggy bun thing! It's nasty!!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I wonder if the poo's can teach the hubby to follow?

I hate to say it but he isn't even home right now and already I am gearing up for a real knock down blow out sign the damn paper and pack your **** kind of fight....

Maybe it's just me :girlshit: lol.

Poor guy, he is completely unaware. I'm really going to have to be careful about how I approch the subject of a budget in our home - thats what's bothering me (pre-existing credit card debt and living paycheck to paycheck meets wife who grew up with money). I don't want to make it seem like it is all his fault and he's a bad person. I understand the situation that led him to this, I just want to make it better and get our finances to a point where I can have the lifestyle I'd like, with a big savings account, and without owing tons of cash to creditors. Thats not to much to ask is it?

Haha, I'm glad to know I'm not alone in the arguements over where to eat and the dogs. At least to his credit he doesn't object to the poodles at all. He doesn't like Howie much at all though and we argue sometimes about him. If I were to decide to rehome Howie John wouldn't be sorry to see him go and wouldn't miss him at all. Of course it was a love me love my dog kind of arrangement so he's stuck with Howie I'm afraid.

On the bright side he did say something almost nice last night. I was sitting in the bathroom with Jazz in the tub covered in green food color and he came in to see how it was going. He had to chuckle I guess and Jazz started wagging her tail of course flinging green food coloring EVERYWHERE. He said to Jazz that he she was sooo cute and he was sooooo sorry she was green lol. I asked him if he ever imagined in a million years that he would marry somebody like me. He said no. But you were hoping to right !:p He said suuurreee, why not, something different and it keeps my life interesting so I' glad I have you.
Awwwwww that would have earned him a kiss if Jazz hadn't picked that moment to try and shake the water from her coat sending dye all over the bathroom LoL.

Yeah try that whole soggy bun thing! It's nasty!!
lol ..... ya that earned him some points. That was a nice thing to say on his part.

With my marriage I always try to remember that we could have it much worse. Some couple's have to deal with infidelity and lies. With us its pretty much being upset that I miss my husband and I want him right now or little things like why did you leave a mess and walk away type of stuff. We seem to always being trying to catch up financially but for some reason don't ever fight about it. Im lucky he isn't sending me back to work yet. lol

Don't worry about the argueing. Your still newlyweds and this is just what happens. We went through it too.....as long as you really love that person you will get through it. I'll be celebrating our 6 yr wedding anniversary July 5th. Every year gets better and better in my opinion.

·
Registered
646 Posts
ok 22 year for us this august and I cant stand my husband. I try I wake up thinking it will be a good day and he starts his **** when Mandy barks about pc **** dog, from 8-815 I hear about OUR son being a lazy no good nothing can't catch a bus for 815 bla bla bla how will he get a job. I then think what the heck am I doing here. Where do you go.
Sonwants to do school here buteven he at 17 is pushing all my buttons and today told me I need to grow some balls and move somewhere I am a stupid idiot and he don't need me. So yes tell me what the heck I am here for.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
ok 22 year for us this august and I cant stand my husband. I try I wake up thinking it will be a good day and he starts his **** when Mandy barks about pc **** dog, from 8-815 I hear about OUR son being a lazy no good nothing can't catch a bus for 815 bla bla bla how will he get a job. I then think what the heck am I doing here. Where do you go.
Sonwants to do school here buteven he at 17 is pushing all my buttons and today told me I need to grow some balls and move somewhere I am a stupid idiot and he don't need me. So yes tell me what the heck I am here for.

Oh my honey..... Ya, I would be thinking the same thing if I were in your shoes. I remember you mentioning something along the lines of this before. I guess you have to ask yourself what's better.....be miserable and continue on and hope it gets better or do you think you would be happier on your own. Im sure having a teenager doesn't help the situation. I was a handful when I was that age too.

I really hope you are able to do what is healthiest for you. I think teenager's don't always understand but will look back when they have matured and realize what was best.

My parents went through hard times when I was a teenager. Back then I would side with my mom. Now looking back if they really had divorsed I could understand why both of them felt the way they did. They did work it out but it definatly took both of them to make changes and work together to develope a better relationship.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Thanks I know what has to happen it is just doing it. I will survive I have my parents though they don't know what is going on they would be there in a second if help needed.
Nobody close to me knows actually.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Thanks I know what has to happen it is just doing it. I will survive I have my parents though they don't know what is going on they would be there in a second if help needed.
Nobody close to me knows actually.
Im glad to hear you have good family around that you know you can count on. I always try to remember this saying on hard days "god never gives you more then you can handle". Some how it helps me through.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Mandycasey'smom while no one can tell you the best thing to do I find it helps to have a fall back plan. Your post really rang a bell with me, sounds like my OH! Make some of your own plans, work out your finances, get things straight in your head about how you could leave if you chose too. This is not to say you will leave, but I certainly found it empowering when I did the maths and looked at my alternatives.

This was about 6 months ago and I was definately kicking him out the door, I don't know what happened, I hadn't said anything and all of a sudden he decides he wants to make a go of the relationship and try a bit harder. So here I still am, happier most days although somedays/weeks I wonder if I'm going to have to go it alone still.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I know I mean I turn 42 next month I am not old but half my life has been married. My daughter is not at home any more and my son doesn't want to be. I want dogs he doesn't I want to do things he doesn't. Is it mid life crisis I don't know. Sorry to drag you all down but I havenot talked to any friends really. Its been going on months maybe years really but somedays better up until months ago.
Other night I wanted to go to a simple dog show Sat to see a few friends I hadn't been to one in years and for hours in bed I got accused of going to have an afair. He kept saying do you think I am stupid I am not nieve I know what your doing and just kept fighting. I have tried getting out of bed he follows. I keep saying next time next time next time if he fights I will say fine you want to stay awake then lie there while I turn on light and pack. I just can't do it.
He hates tattoos just hates them so I am here planning to go maybe even tues night and get one I wanted a dog paw since we let our mastiff go to the bridge 2 years ago
You know writing it out it sounds stupid petty and silly but I am tired of the crap.
Thanks for listening and sorry for thread highjacking.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
highjack away. you're posts sound like writing things out makes you feel better, or at least clearer. It does for me at any rate.

I agree, I could have it much worse. I think part of my issue is that I can't for the life of me understand why he puts up with me sometimes.

Of course sometimes I can't understand why I put up with HIM. Tonight the big arguement was over the use of cruise control in car on wet roads... *Shakes head*
One day we'll look back and laugh.

·
Registered
912 Posts
He is a bully (and I speak from experience) and you do not have to put up with it! Good grief 42 years old is nothing. I certainly won't be putting up with anymore crap, my OH better keep his act together or he is outta here.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I know I mean I turn 42 next month I am not old but half my life has been married. My daughter is not at home any more and my son doesn't want to be. I want dogs he doesn't I want to do things he doesn't. Is it mid life crisis I don't know. Sorry to drag you all down but I havenot talked to any friends really. Its been going on months maybe years really but somedays better up until months ago.
Other night I wanted to go to a simple dog show Sat to see a few friends I hadn't been to one in years and for hours in bed I got accused of going to have an afair. He kept saying do you think I am stupid I am not nieve I know what your doing and just kept fighting. I have tried getting out of bed he follows. I keep saying next time next time next time if he fights I will say fine you want to stay awake then lie there while I turn on light and pack. I just can't do it.
He hates tattoos just hates them so I am here planning to go maybe even tues night and get one I wanted a dog paw since we let our mastiff go to the bridge 2 years ago
You know writing it out it sounds stupid petty and silly but I am tired of the crap.
Thanks for listening and sorry for thread highjacking.
Sorry to hear about your situation go ahead girl just let it all out ! we are here for you to listen. My ex sounds like your husband. I liked animals and dogs he didn't he would also accuse me of cheating on him. It was so annoying and this is why I am no longer with him. It took me 3 years to realize how wrong he was for me.

Do what you believe is best for you, its not worth it being miserable !

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nothing is worth being miserable, I think there is usualy a better way. I really hope you find that way or a balance with your current relationship. I don't have a lot of relationship experience, I hardly even dated in highschool and after I cut ties totaly with the guy I was on and off with in highschool, it was three years before I met John. He was the first guy I dated since the last guy, I didn't even got out on casual dates with friends or anything. Sometimes I think I should have dated more... LoL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts