Poodle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
I'll take it
Beatrice happily ate dinner but she wiped out
Snow Freezing Winter Fur Event

The cerenia shot is magical. Poppy had a bit of acid reflux following the not eating, so it might be worth watching out for that. I'm so glad Bea is feeling rather better.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Dog Dog breed Wood Carnivore Comfort

Someone is feeling better :giggle:

That is lovely to see - brought a big smile to my face!

Reactions: twyla
Discussion starter · #28 ·
Beatrice still isn't herself but is feeling better, I am keeping an eye on her.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
It was a better day for Beatrice, I think I have underestimated her discomfort due to nausea, taking the cerenia has made her relax in a way that is amazing. Maybe it's the pain relief relief that supplies in addition to soothing the nausea. Is she her old self? Not quite, a bit slower but definitely puttering along.
No dog should suffer like she has, Beatrice is a product of bad breeding, her sweet funny nature is the best thing about her, the rest breaks my heart.
Just because you can breed dogs, doesn't mean you should. They are not a commodity nor are they accessory to be discarded when they stop being cute or when pain or illness cannot be attended to because that impulse buy of a puppy costs tons of money.

I am incredibly lucky that I can bring Beatrice to work with me daily, that I have kind coworkers that time out to say hey or give Bea a gentle pat.
I am not a saint or a millionaire, I do not have pet insurance, I have given up things to make sure Beatrice is care for and have put off moving out of the condo and buying a house.
Beatrice didn't choose to brought into this world and I have promised myself that I will not make a decision on her care based on finances or my attachment to her, still trying to make sure Beatrice us living her best life.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
it is a tough choice
we will take this day by day and enjoy the now

Discussion starter · #32 ·
It stinks have to go back a bit on a promise Beatrice had blood work done today because I have had to hand feed her since Gracie died. I would love to think it's grief but I know it isn't true, my vet seems to think this is a continuation of vomiting issue.
So more blood work, Sorry Beatrice, and I am off to pick up Prilosec to help with nausea.
Please think good thoughts for B

Holding both Bea and you in my thoughts.

Reactions: twyla
Discussion starter · #35 ·
Surprisingly Beatrice hasn't spit out the prilosec, but my girl is tired. I am still hand feeding though I don't need the other two to help encourage in turn like the first few days. So better maybe? I am to call the vet Monday to let them know how it's going.
We all went for a walk on the bike trail today, Beatrice sniffed the wind as I carried her, her spark is still there, somethings are just a bit much.

No surprise that she's lethargic, after all she's been through. Glad she's tolerating the medicine, which gives rise to the hope that she'll rebound yet again. Keeping you and your gang in my thoughts this week.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
thank you everyone
Beatrice's blood tests came back even worse, I spoke with my vet
they wanted to hospitalize her
they wanted to do surgery
I politely said no, saying that with everything going on with her this is isn't going to go well. I do think we are at the end my vet agreed , but we will try appetite stimulants and some more Cerenia and see if that will help.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.