Poodle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,365 Posts
My two are much less subtle - I use children's reflective LED armbands - they flash, shine, and if caught in car headlights light up like a Christmas tree!

Reactions: Rose n Poos

·
Registered
533 Posts
The boys in the backyard
We camp alot in the desert where it is REALLY dark. Our black poodle wears a red flashing LED ring collar, inexpensive and easy to cut to size with scissors. It is a 1/2" diameter soft flexible tube and the ends click into the round disk that holds the on/off button. Can choose flashing or constant glow

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Hahaha....that's so cool! I see them, but just barely. But those neon lighted collars (?) sure show up. I think I need one for Maurice. Matisse shows up. But little black Maurice is so hard to see in the night in the back yard.

·
Premium Member
7,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like jojogal001 said, the idea isn't new but I liked these because they just slip over the head and don't seem to bother the boys at all.

Like fjm, I considered the reflective type which would be great for walks but the boys tend to go behind things and become invisipoos.

Charlie's Person, I think these are the same type. I use only the steady setting, and I like that they recharge via usb. No idea how long they'll work, but for only a few dollars...

Poodlebeguiled, they really do help spot the poodle in the dark, plus easily slip on and off over the head, and while not "breakaway", I think a hardish pull would allow the collar to release rather that damage the pup. I get a kick out of watching the UFO effect as they carouse around the yard in the dark :). The neighborhood kids were entranced by the collars too, lol.

I got mine off ebay for half what Amazon sells for. I searched for dog led collar and just kept drilling down til I found the best combo of price and ratings for the seller. Some sellers offer one large size, which can be cut down, some offer 3 sizes which might still need a bit of snipping. Just detach at the end by the on/off switch, pull the clear optic line out of the colored exterior tube, snip the exterior, then snip the interior by the same amount and reattach.

Attachments

Reactions: Vita

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Molly has the LED lighted collars from ebay They are really inexpensive there! I bought hers 3 yrs ago and it still works! The battery hasn't died yet! You can also get them in the rechargeable type too! I like the wideness of the collars as her hair would cover the ring type.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Molly has the LED lighted collars from ebay They are really inexpensive there! I bought hers 3 yrs ago and it still works! The battery hasn't died yet! You can also get them in the rechargeable type too! I like the wideness of the collars as her hair would cover the ring type.
Naturally Miss Molly has leopard print! :) That girl knows how to accessorize lol.

My girls have the light I clip to the color, and when I first put it on Sage she could not understand and stood there, the other 2 no problem. I keep it nest to the door and they all set in a row to get them on and come back and sit to get them off
Glorybee, I love picturing your girls lining up for their collar accessories :).

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I didn’t know they made rechargeable ones, I like that idea. Those black dogs are hard to see in the dark, I have a clip light for Gracie.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.