Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suspect there are a lot of dogs out there happy with this change in routine.... here is mine, currently unhappy in dog jail after stealing a toilet paper roll and shredding it while I attempted to work from home. 6 months of leaving her home alone and she never stole anything, but leave her alone while I am here ? Trouble!
Let's see those other happy and unhappy poodles of self isolation!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Fortunately for my Emma and the rest of the fur family, and I would think for me, my life routine hasn't changed at all. We live with no close neighbors, only visitors come in trucks to deliver horse feed and hay or repair something broken I can't fix. That's it. No family around on a regular basis, only one friend and he lives much the same as me. I feel so very fortunate. Haven't stocked up on anything, just my same groceries I buy each month when my SS check shows up Ann's the digs food. So far anything I've needed hasn't disappeared. Like I said, I feel very fortunate and pray all goes well for everyone else in the country..... except maybe those who hoard or exhibit unseemly or downright bad behavior. On second thought, I'll pray twice as hard for those folks as they are in dire need. Y'all take care and bless your fur babies.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buck got used to “playing” DH when I was sick recently. He got about 16 walks a day and successfully lobbied for earlier mealtimes. I’m back in charge and don’t fall for his ploys. Remember when those toilet paper shreds were kind of funny?
Poor Buck!!!! I'm sure he's glad you are back in charge, despite getting the rules back.

I'm actually almost laughing - she was an almost perfect puppy and stole and destroyed almost nothing, and within the last week has started stealing and chewing unattended pens, cardboard boxes, poop bags, and now, pulling the TP roll from the holder. I'm going to have to go back to treating her like a puppy.

My favourite was a few days ago - I'd left a grocery bag on the floor in a corner with non-perishables and forgot about it. Found her chewing a bag of poop bag rolls. "now where'd you get THAT?!". The next day, a box of alcohol wipes "You thief, where's that from? " Looked, looked, not a clue. 30 min later found her gleefully digging in the grocery bag for her next prize, a box of gauze pads - ignoring the two shelf-stable salami packages that were in the same bag! Silly poodle.

Poodle jail worked well, I think I'll have to keep using it when I try and work.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
My schedule hasn't changed either. However, I'm being lazier than before as I have no hope of going anywhere. So I've been trying to get little cat-naps in. But my entire crew won't let me be lazy. They wake me up every time I begin to doze. So we are actually playing more... I hope they don't get used to it. They are beginning to forget what it means when I say, "Last one. You keep it."

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Poodle jail, too funny! Must be something in the air, Gracie was bouncing off the walls last night. Was obsessed with some thing she thought was under the couch. We saw nothing but she spent a good 20 minutes trying to crawl under the couch. Finally wound up ripping some of the lining underneath- I was less than pleased.

And here she is this morning acting like a sweet angel on the same couch she tried to murder last night. She is a live wire!

Lily at 10 1/2 now has now earned the “angel” status, but she was almost as much a wild child as Gracie in her younger years. Those two are often side by side, it’s like they know they’re cut from the same cloth. Lily is probably secretly egging her on in some kind of secret doggy code.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
We're getting in extra walks. Poor Babykins, she sees all the neighbors and their kids and no one comes to pet her.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
sxooterscout, I love the face on your other dog! Very endearing.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I suspect there are a lot of dogs out there happy with this change in routine.... here is mine, currently unhappy in dog jail after stealing a toilet paper roll and shredding it while I attempted to work from home. 6 months of leaving her home alone and she never stole anything, but leave her alone while I am here ? Trouble!
Let's see those other happy and unhappy poodles of self isolation!
View attachment 465438
Trying to get your attention, I bet. My poodle runs around, dancing, bringing toys and bones to me when we Skype with our youngest daughter. For some reason he is desperate for our attention whenever he hears her voice on the speaker. I think it is jealousy - "I am here, and so much more fun than her voice on that box!"

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Our pups are enjoying working from home as they get to hang out with their Dad during the day. They’re not enjoying less walks and can’t get their heads around us wanting them to go do their business in the garden...luckily between the two of us they still get two walks a day, but with no friends to play with.

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
Misha is also in the "going bonkers" category. Much more destructive, doing crazy zoomies everywhere, and trying to play constantly. Yesterday he biked 3.5 miles with me and he seemed super exhausted but he only napped for about an hour before he was up and zooming again! On the plus side we do sometimes have some pretty epic snugglefests where he lays on his back next to me on the couch while I give the scratches.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think it's the "being ignored" that's hard. Usually when I'm home I am pretty dog-focused, but now when I am home, I focus on that dumb computer thing, and sit at the desk, instead of cuddling on the bed/couch!

She is SIGNIFICANTLY more happy since I drove home to my mom's. She has mom's dog to harass/play with, and Mom to bug and feed her dinner, a porch to sit on, and has completely stopped trying to destroy things. I get the feeling she thinks my mom's house is "home" and my apartment is just that boring place we stay most of the time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts