Poodle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the delay. I took some pictures of Wrigley- complete with his cute bandana the groomer gave him, with my Kodak camera and for some reason the pictures won't upload. I hate this camera (I bought it at Thanksgiving and I have a terrible time downloading pictures.)
So, I got out my old camera yesterday and took a few but they are action and not quite as good.
I am happy with it - it definitely makes him seem more "official" and it is much easier to brush out the dead grass that he likes to roll in. There are a few places that are choppy because he had knots and I told the groomer that if it was a knot that I hadn't found, she didn't have to work too hard on them, she could just cut them out. (So his tail look a little funny).
Oh and we had his first obedience class last night. He did REALLY well. I was so pleased. He made the poodle breed proud! :)

Attachments

· Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm going to work hard to get those other pictures on here too. As I'm looking at these pics - I realize I didn't brush him until after I took the pictures so he looks a little messy.

· Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He has the really short body and the longer leg. I like Spoofan's Gunther and was trying for that type of cut. However, I may end up trimming his legs a little shorter as the summer progresses because Wrigley LOVES to roll in things and always seems to drag half the yard back into the house.
Also, on his pom (head). I may trim that down shorter too. I love the look of the longer ones, but I think while Wrigley is a puppy - we may need to do more practical styles and then get "pretty" as he ages and calms down.
Also - I thought he had his adult coat but the groomer said she thinks his legs are still more puppy coat. So I wonder if, when the coat changes, it won't knot and catch everything as much. OR will it do it more?

· Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL - Mandy/Casey's mom, I posted Sophie in a thread of her own. :)

I'm wondering about everyone else's top knot. Where does it end on the back of their heads? I noticed the groomer trimmed Wrigley's right at the back of his head so his neck is short. Is that where you guys have yours trimmed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.