Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the delay. I took some pictures of Wrigley- complete with his cute bandana the groomer gave him, with my Kodak camera and for some reason the pictures won't upload. I hate this camera (I bought it at Thanksgiving and I have a terrible time downloading pictures.)
So, I got out my old camera yesterday and took a few but they are action and not quite as good.
I am happy with it - it definitely makes him seem more "official" and it is much easier to brush out the dead grass that he likes to roll in. There are a few places that are choppy because he had knots and I told the groomer that if it was a knot that I hadn't found, she didn't have to work too hard on them, she could just cut them out. (So his tail look a little funny).
Oh and we had his first obedience class last night. He did REALLY well. I was so pleased. He made the poodle breed proud! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm going to work hard to get those other pictures on here too. As I'm looking at these pics - I realize I didn't brush him until after I took the pictures so he looks a little messy.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
He looks like he's enjoying showing off his new cut! It looks like they did a lamb on him. I'm thinking of doing that with Vega once he has his adult coat. Are you going to let the legs grow out or keep it short?

Either way he's very handsome!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He has the really short body and the longer leg. I like Spoofan's Gunther and was trying for that type of cut. However, I may end up trimming his legs a little shorter as the summer progresses because Wrigley LOVES to roll in things and always seems to drag half the yard back into the house.
Also, on his pom (head). I may trim that down shorter too. I love the look of the longer ones, but I think while Wrigley is a puppy - we may need to do more practical styles and then get "pretty" as he ages and calms down.
Also - I thought he had his adult coat but the groomer said she thinks his legs are still more puppy coat. So I wonder if, when the coat changes, it won't knot and catch everything as much. OR will it do it more?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I'm finding Jazz's adult coat much easier to care for than Saleen's puppy coat.

I am glad you are happy with his trim :) He looks spiffy

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL - Mandy/Casey's mom, I posted Sophie in a thread of her own. :)

I'm wondering about everyone else's top knot. Where does it end on the back of their heads? I noticed the groomer trimmed Wrigley's right at the back of his head so his neck is short. Is that where you guys have yours trimmed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts