Poodle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

Registered
I鈥檝e been meaning to respond to this thread and finally getting to it. When the thread first started I was going to say Bobby鈥檚 treat dispensing toys. Well....that has ALL changed! He is obsessed with the soft latex squeeze toys that make noises. And I mean obsessed. I have to put them away as he just can鈥檛 stop himself. He can鈥檛 even go to bed if he has one. So they are his very special toys that only come out to play once in awhile. He is so gentle with them which I find so funny and interesting. It started with his chicken and now he has several.馃槈

Super Moderator
I pulled all the stuffing out of a generic Petco teddy bear that lasted less than a day with Peggy, and while it looks rather sad deflated like that, she still quite enjoys tossing it in the air, playing tug, and gnawing on it.

Tip: Put yak cheese or other hard chews inside! I put one in each limb (poor bear) and this keeps Peggy entertained for a while. She's especially cute in the morning when she "discovers" it again and pounces.

She probably keeps expecting it to disappear like all the other stuffed animals she's murdered.

Premium Member
The thing about that brand is that they somehow can鈥檛 be eviscerated. One and done, and maybe a wash on gentle from time to time. Size three soccer balls are also a hit, but I鈥檝e replaced more of them than Sadie the Bear:)

Super Moderator
The thing about that brand is that they somehow can鈥檛 be eviscerated. One and done, and maybe a wash on gentle from time to time. Size three soccer balls are also a hit, but I鈥檝e replaced more of them than Sadie the Bear:)
It's amazing! She went straight for what she thought were the weak spots and....nothing.

So she tried harder.

Nothing.

And harder!

Nothing.

Serious wow. Even if she magically tears it apart tomorrow, this is the longest any stuffed toy has ever survived her best efforts at destruction. Usually if she wants it open, it is wide open within minutes. I think she's a little annoyed. Lol. She keeps banging poor Lobo against the back of my legs while I'm in the kitchen.

"Um. Can you help me with this, please?"

Premium Member
I could not be happier with a stuffie! Sadie is always there, maybe a bit crispy with saliva, but not leaking god knows what filling from a shaking, tooth full encounter. Buck knows her name too. 鈥淕et Sadie, bring the Bear鈥, he鈥檚 on it:)

Super Moderator
I could not be happier with a stuffie! Sadie is always there, maybe a bit crispy with saliva, but not leaking god knows what filling from a shaking, tooth full encounter. Buck knows her name too. 鈥淕et Sadie, bring the Bear鈥, he鈥檚 on it:)
Lobo's ear mesh is showing, but the way these toys are stitched is how all dog toys should be stitched. Even though she's gotten into his ear, she can't get any further.

Love it!

I hope lots of Poodle Forum poodles get these for Christmas. :)

Registered
Charlie has had his rubber fish for a year. Every other soft, chewable toy, rope, ball gets destroyed within hours. This fish is a throw toy, a tug toy, and his friend that he will have a squeaky conversation with while laying around the living room. We play with it several times a day, and it gets a beating, but pops back to its little fishy form every time! If it is ever destroyed I will definitely get another - but since it has survived puppy teeth I think it will live forever! (We also had the red spider for several months, but one of the legs got chewed off so he had to go.)
Basil's finally playing with this. I was about ready to return it.
It took her 3 sessions to warm up to it and stopped barking at it. I think the big eyes freaked her out and the squeaker is super sensitive; not her typical plush squeaky toy.

Registered
What is this toy that cannot be immediately gutted? I have had to put Zoe poodle's stuffed toys away because the Opal the Lab just shreds them immediately.

Registered
Peggy's toys that she likes and have actually lasted are:

JW Pets

Crackle Heads Ball

Planet Dog Orbee Tuff

Soccer Ball

and Diamond Plate Ball
What size balls do you get her? Or used to get her when she was younger? Did the ball/toy size change between when she was a young puppy to now? I have been searching for some toys for when Fenris comes home (he will be 9 weeks) but I'm unsure what ball size to get him.

Edit: He is a standard puppy.

Registered
What is this toy that cannot be immediately gutted? I have had to put Zoe poodle's stuffed toys away because the Opal the Lab just shreds them immediately.
I think this is it: "I just ordered their Lobo Wolf for Peggy's Christmas present: Fluff & Tuff Lobo the Wolf Pup"

I'm going to try a small F&T for Normie and that startling fish.

Super Moderator
What size balls do you get her? Or used to get her when she was younger? Did the ball/toy size change between when she was a young puppy to now? I have been searching for some toys for when Fenris comes home (he will be 9 weeks) but I'm unsure what ball size to get him.

Edit: He is a standard puppy.
You want them to be too big to get their mouth fully around. Dogs have airways that are quite big at the start, so even a tennis ball poses a choking hazard for a full-grown spoo.

Peggy has both Orbee balls and the JW crackle ball in large.

I would recommend going with this size from day 1, because you'll be tempted to keep the smaller balls around as your pup grows (unless there's someone you can hand them down to).

Registered
You want them to be too big to get their mouth fully around. Dogs have airways that are quite big at the start, so even a tennis ball poses a choking hazard for a full-grown spoo.

Peggy has both Orbee balls and the JW crackle ball in large.

I would recommend going with this size from day 1, because you'll be tempted to keep the smaller balls around as your pup grows (unless there's someone you can hand them down to).
Thanks for that advice! I've been wondering myself whether I should just do that. And good to know about the tennis balls, I would not have thought of that.

Super Moderator
24 hours! Still alive!

Here's where we ordered ours:

Peggy got the Lobo, and Mfmst's Buck is partial to Sadie.

Super Moderator
Thanks for that advice! I've been wondering myself whether I should just do that. And good to know about the tennis balls, I would not have thought of that.
I'll be honest - we still sometimes throw them for Peggy. But I've read horror stories. And brand new tennis balls seriously smell so toxic.... They're probably not the greatest for our pups.

Those Orbee balls have been indestructible so far and actually smell good. And the JW Crackle Heads ball is irresistible to puppies. Much safer than giving old water bottles to crunch, that they can quickly destroy and swallow.

Registered
I'll be honest - we still sometimes throw them for Peggy. But I've read horror stories. And brand new tennis balls seriously smell so toxic.... They're probably not the greatest for our pups.

Those Orbee balls have been indestructible so far and actually smell good. And the JW Crackle Heads ball is irresistible to puppies. Much safer than giving old water bottles to crunch, that they can quickly destroy and swallow.
Do you (or anyone) have any chew toys you'd recommend for standard puppies?

Premium Member
Not exactly a toy, but Boulder Dog, bison knee caps were satisfying and safe for my puppy, through adulthood. CET Enzymatic chews are great for their teeth. Buck had zero interest in Kong鈥檚, Yak cheese, nylabones, rope toys.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts