1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
1,627 Posts
Squeaky tennis balls! Pogo would accept nothing other than a Kong SqueakAir. These left his teeth quite worn by the time he got old.
Galen is equally obsessed with tennis balls, but I've managed to persuade him to accept Kong Squeezz and (for night) ChuckIt Glow Balls.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I will try the Kong Squeezz for Sisko. The only ball that he loved was a blue spiky Squeaky ball. It landed in the kitty box and had to be thrown away.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I came in to second lambchop. This is Basil's favorite post-dinner toy to keep her entertained. Note: the whole "head" is a squeaker with a little squeaker in the tail, so it's a very intense squeaker...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Annie destroys tennis balls, so she has Kong Signature balls and Chuckit squeaky balls. And her Jolly ball soccer ball.

Ethical pet Skineez, especially her duck are also well loved. I like them, as they are stuffing free. She likes her Go dog dragon too.

Oh. And socks. Socks are GREAT toys
She tried a west paw Zogoflex toy at the last trainer we went to and went nuts about it, which is weird as she doesnt like plastic toys usually. Unless they are balls.

A small yorkie makes a great chase toy too, but her human isnt a fan of that game. She likes playing fetch with beef bones too, but for some reason i dont let those inside, either.

Honestly the most reliable way to tell if Annie will like a toy is to bring her with me toy shopping. Well, or answer the question 'is it a ball?'

·
Registered
69 Posts
For a small dog Beau is really pretty hard on toys. He has destroyed all the soft toys & rope toys that I've bought him, he's even gone through a couple of chew bones.

So far these 2 are his favorites, and the ball has actually lasted a few months (though it has "lost" its squeak) . . .

Hartz Dura Play Ball
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hartz-Dura-Play-Ball-Natural-Latex-Dog-Toy-Large/16458276
Hartz Dura Play Rocket
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hartz-Dura-Play-Natural-Latex-Rocket-Dog-Toy-Large/394246637

Beau and his ball (ignore my ugly bath/laundry room it's going to be redecorated) :)

Reactions: Fenris-wolf

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Flat unstuffed orange fox with squeakers is Noelle's favorite toy to dismember. I mean, play with. She has also unstuffed quite a few Lamb Chop toys. Basically, Noelle thinks the whole point of a toy is to rip it into pieces and remove the squeaker. Did you know some squeakers are shaped like a heart? I think that's for dogs like Noelle who like to dismember their toys and remove their still beating hearts.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine is a massive fan of:

-The ethical pets skineez - she has 4 different animals of this kind and one of this which is still going loud with the noisy lol
-Chuck it balls - rubber ones in large and regular and the bigger fetch ones as well
-Nylabones: pretty much every different kind lol - I like to mix up her toys so she has a variety of sizes ranging from small to the bigger ones. I replace the nylabones when they start to get sharp...because I really don't enjoy stepping on one or holding them for her when they cut my hands lol.
-West paw: rumbl (this is new), skamp, zwig, rumpus, Hurley - in both small and large, jive, qwizl, toppl, bumi, tux and the frisbee
-Kongs: classic (red in small, medium and large as well as the puppy one in medium), goodie bone (extreme, puppy and the large classic), goodie ribbon (small and medium and extreme), gyro, jumbler in large and the classic and the extreme ball (in medium/large)

Her current favourite is the ourpets IQ ball or the buster food cube (it's 15 years old lol)...if only they were quieter! She recently got a few Nina Ottosson toys (wobble bowl, challange sliderr, treat maze, and treat tumble) which she seems to like. I like them because it makes her use her brain and tires her out lol and I mix up which ones she get daily.

Her toys are cycled out to always keep them new.

·
Registered
12,567 Posts
Poppy has never really enjoyed toys. She will very, very occasionally chase a small one down the hall and take it back to her bed, but she isn't interested in chewing or retrieving or even tug. When she was fitter she liked sticks - I would find a soft, safe stick when we were out walking and throw it for her, and she would find it, carry it for a while, and then carefully hide it away from the path. She discovered early on that if you take things back to humans they just throw them away again, so always hides them carefully, in her bed at home or under bushes etc out walking. She does enjoy treat dispensing puzzle toys, so we have several of those.

Sophy likes toys she can nibble on - IKEA mice and rats are her favourites. She plays tug with them, too, and shakes and kills them, but has not really chewed any of them, even as a puppy. But she always plays to her own rules - usually early evening, human on the floor, a few minutes of tug, a vigorous game of play wrestling, and then a bit of toy nibbling. She likes the puzzle toys too - on rainy days I set out a sort of hunt-the-treat playground, with tiny treats hidden in puzzles, under the squirrels in their log, etc, etc and that is very popular with both dogs.

Reactions: Fenris-wolf

·
Registered
3,699 Posts

Also the large size chuck it ball (orange w/blue stripe) and he has a few left barely of a blue ball that is softer and once had a squeaker. I wish I could find it again that is his very favorite, it doesn't have a brand on it. And of course his assortment of softies. His fav of those is this little orange triangle that I got him when he was little, still squeaks and in good shape, lower our cairn terrier now steals it and she is a destroyer of all toys though so far so good.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Lamb Chop is so cute; but Normie would put him on toast and have a sandwich. He eats/maims/destroys his soft toys. We're going to try the Ethical pet toys.

So he's pretty much limited to Kong toys at the moment. He especially likes the Kong Tugga Wubba. If he holds it in the middle and shakes his head hard enough, he thinks it's fighting back.

·
Premium Member
9,748 Posts

I can’t say enough about how much I LOVE this bear. I had multiple giant Lamb Chops and hedge hogs, because they were always needing repairs. Buck likes a big stuffed toy, a LOT. Since he got Sadie, he never picks up Lamb Chop or the hedge hog. Fluff and Tuff is and brand that is not kidding.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Charlie has had his rubber fish for a year. Every other soft, chewable toy, rope, ball gets destroyed within hours. This fish is a throw toy, a tug toy, and his friend that he will have a squeaky conversation with while laying around the living room. We play with it several times a day, and it gets a beating, but pops back to its little fishy form every time! If it is ever destroyed I will definitely get another - but since it has survived puppy teeth I think it will live forever! (We also had the red spider for several months, but one of the legs got chewed off so he had to go.)

·
Super Moderator
5,685 Posts

I can’t say enough about how much I LOVE this bear. I had multiple giant Lamb Chops and hedge hogs, because they were always needing repairs. Buck likes a big stuffed toy, a LOT. Since he got Sadie, he never picks up Lamb Chop or the hedge hog. Fluff and Tuff is and brand that is not kidding.
I just ordered their Lobo Wolf for Peggy's Christmas present: Fluff & Tuff Lobo the Wolf Pup

Always a gamble using an unfamiliar online store, but it was $3 cheaper than the Amazon seller and seems to have shipped out quickly.

·
Super Moderator
5,685 Posts
She’s gonna love Lobo. One and done for you:)
I've got my fingers crossed! It just arrived, but I'll keep it hidden until Christmas.

We impulsively bought her a big stuffed bear at Petco today, and she had that thing wide open within the hour and was tossing the squeaker in the air while she pranced around the living room. At least it kept her occupied while I put up the Halloween decorations.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Both of mine live for the large Chuck-it balls. In the house, Wren like the stuffies that have several small items inside another toy. He has a “bucket of chicken with chicken drumsticks”, an “aquarium with little fishies”, and a ”rocket with astronauts” that all squeak of course. Wren is so hard on the squeakers just biting hard repeatedly that he can kill them fairly fast. I think I need to order some of the Kong replacement squeakers.

·
Super Moderator
5,685 Posts
Peggy's toys that she likes and have actually lasted are:

JW Pets

Crackle Heads Ball

Planet Dog Orbee Tuff

Soccer Ball

and Diamond Plate Ball

Horsemen's Pride

Jolly Ball Horse Toy

Oh, and an old leather gardening glove. Lol. She likes whipping it around.

For smaller poodles that aren't aggressive chewers, I can't recommend these enough:

We kept them stashed everywhere for Gracie. I still occasionally find them. They are soft and squeaky and you can throw them quite far. Perfect for fetch on the beach.

I assumed red toys were best for visibility, but she always gravitated to the blue ones and this image explains why:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts