Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Announce any good news here! Accomplishments, funny stories, anything to bring the cheer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
6,378 Posts
I think it's fun that I have been seeing more poodles whilst I am out and about. Today I met a red SPoo named Suki 9 months old, last weekend a brown spoo puppy name Loki

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's fun that I have been seeing more poodles whilst I am out and about. Today I met a red SPoo named Suki 9 months old, last weekend a brown spoo puppy name Loki

I’ve been meeting a lot of young poodles too! We would go to brunch and see the young puppies getting socialized and prancing around. Also, poodles dominate our training club so it is really nice seeing them train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had a lovely family dinner last night, drank really good wine (Kim Crawford Suauvignon Blanc) and ate turkey, cabbage rolls and homemade strawberry rhubarb pie. Today I'm meeting up with some old friends (one of whom is pregnant for the first time), and then another family dinner awaits. I love food in case you hadn't guessed!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am moments away from watching the new Doctor Who :smile:
HUGE fan
Ahh that's today??? Man do I miss having TV right now! Enjoy!!!

P.s. no spoilers please. ;)

Reactions: snow0160

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Miss Luna became an AKC Champion yesterday, only 29 days after her first show with her handler. She comes home next weekend!

I finished the second season of Atypical on Netflix yesterday. As a parent of an autistic child, I am usually unimpressed with shows about autism but I actually enjoyed this one. I guess the only other one I have tried to watch was the first episode or two of Parenthood. That just seemed ridiculous and unrealistic to me. Perhaps it gets better as it goes on but after the first episode I wasn’t willing to give it a chance lol. Atypical was much more realistic in my opinion. I guess the good news is that I enjoyed watching it and the message that it sends and helps those without autism or an loved one with it to maybe understand it better.

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
So delighted with my poodle kid! He was a hit on vacation at Cape Cod - loving every aspect of our vacation - the beach, the walks, the shopping, the dining - he took it all in - with that happy attitude - the hallmark of his breed. He is continuing his work as a poodle ambassador - just today walking through our tourist filled small Upstate NY town - he turns heads wherever he goes and wins over people's hearts. Everyone he meets is an instant friend. I am just such a delighted poodle owner....

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Bonanza day on Bing news feed

The Bing news banner on the home page is my usual source of news for the US, World, Science and Technology.

While not technically "good news", today was a bonanza for me.
------------------
" 'Headless chicken monster': deep-sea cucumber seen in ...

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/21/headless...

Oct 21, 2018 · A deep-sea cucumber known as a “headless chicken monster” has been filmed in the Southern Ocean for the first time using camera technology developed by Australian researchers."
-----------------
followed by the tangent

"Mike the Headless Chicken. Mike the Headless Chicken (April 20, 1945 – March 17, 1947), also known as Miracle Mike, was a Wyandotte chicken that lived for 18 months after his head had been cut off. Although the story was thought by many to be a hoax, the bird's owner took him to the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah to establish the facts.

Mike the Headless Chicken - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken."
--------------
then the ante was upped by NASA

"NASA names ‘new’ gamma constellations after Godzilla, TARDIS, and Starship Enterprise..." there's more, folks :)
"To check out all of NASA’s new gamma constellations, visit the Fermi telescope’s interactive celestial map."

The names are unofficial but Yay NASA!
--------------
and the eventual icing on the cake

Stephen Hawking's family is auctioning off some of his personal items thru Christie's
"A Book, and scripts by Stephen Hawking are among the personal and academic possessions of Stephen Hawking at the auction house Christies in London, Friday, Oct. 19, 2018. The online auction announced Monday Oct. 22, 2018, by auctioneer Christie’s features 22 items from Hawking, including his doctoral thesis on the origins of the universe, with the sale scheduled for 31 October and 8 November."
"Stephen Hawking's wheelchair, thesis for sale". "

At first I thought the wheelchair was sort of macabre but I kept reading

"the wheelchair became a symbol not just of disability but of Hawking's "puckish sense of humor." He once ran over Prince Charles' toes — and reportedly joked that he wished he had done the same to Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher — and appeared in a "Monty Python" skit running down fellow physicist Brian Cox."

and the link to the skit and then some on youtube.

It was a great start to my day :)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
As a parent of an autistic child, I am usually unimpressed with shows about autism but I actually enjoyed this one. I guess the only other one I have tried to watch was the first episode or two of Parenthood.
Have you seen an episode of The Good Doctor? It's about an autistic man who is a surgeon.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
As a parent of an autistic child, I am usually unimpressed with shows about autism but I actually enjoyed this one. I guess the only other one I have tried to watch was the first episode or two of Parenthood.
Have you seen an episode of The Good Doctor? It's about an autistic man who is a surgeon.
Johanna I haven’t seen it but thanks for reminding me about it. I have heard it is good.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm thrilled with my 7 mo. old mini Rudy! I've been doing basic obedience but also Recallers with him. Even though I am not as good about doing Recallers every day, he is so smart! Yesterday, I was outside in the backyard with him. He was having a ball with all the leaves falling. I asked him to go get his ball. He looked all over the yard and brought it back to me and sat, waiting for me to throw it! He's always played "keep away" but it's like a light bulb went off and he "gets it". So proud of that little man!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Confident little girl

My new puppy Saffron is confident and sweet and biddable — and I have great friends:) They so wanted to “help me” with my puppy and socialize her so she went for a sleepover Sunday night with no problems whatsoever. She listened about not chasing the cats, snuggled, wasn’t anxious at all and was happy to see me in the morning! (She had met them a few times already so it wasn’t completely strange). They enjoyed puppyhood again, including a wee on the floor:)

·
Premium Member
6,378 Posts
Made me happy to see rainbows

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
I am been amazed at our voter turnout. I have whined about our dismal participation quite a few times on PF. Yesterday, Texans really turned out on the first day of early voting in record breaking numbers. I was near an early voting location and waited in a line with about 30 people ahead of me with more and more behind me. When I finished voting, the line was at least two blocks long and it was 10:30 AM! It was a rainy, cold gloomy day too. That made me very happy.

·
Premium Member
6,378 Posts
I am been amazed at our voter turnout. I have whined about our dismal participation quite a few times on PF. Yesterday, Texans really turned out on the first day of early voting in record breaking numbers. I was near an early voting location and waited in a line with about 30 people ahead of me with more and more behind me. When I finished voting, the line was at least two blocks long and it was 10:30 AM! It was a rainy, cold gloomy day too. That made me very happy.
That would make me happy too

1 - 20 of 30 Posts