Poodle Forum banner

The girthiest bully stick I've ever seen

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Raindrops 
#1 ·
Basils Grandma made a Costco trip and picked us up some bully sticks for Basil. It's going to take Basil a while to chew through these... Nothing like the skinny ones I bought on Amazon.

Well, it was the girthiest bully stick I've ever seen and had to share.

Costco definitely has it's sourcing figured out for bull 🍆

Food Ingredient Cuisine Convenience food Superfood

Textile Sleeve Wood Cuisine Dish

Dog breed Dog Felidae Carnivore Gesture

Wood Carnivore Companion dog Dog breed Working animal

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
It depends what variety/size of bully stick you chose from BBS for your Costco comparison.... I've used BBS for several years and always choose the Monster option (9-12") as well as the low odor sourced/baked in the USA sticks. Bully Bunches is another vendor that has Monster options (also 9-12") - I've used them as well and am pleased with their product too (also sourced/baked in the USA). I don't know where Costco sources their materials? Do they disclose on their website? Do they also disclose where the sourced materials are processed into bully sticks? Might want to do some research before assuming bigger is better...

Reactions: Liz
#6 ·
I've used BBS for several years and always choose the Monster option (9-12")
I was having this conversation over the weekend! I've only ordered the "Jumbo" bully sticks from BBS and have been pretty happy with them. But the site isn't really clear on the difference between "Thick", "Jumbo", and whatever their standard size is, so this was a point of discussion with some fellow dog owners on Saturday...

Elmer prefers the thin stinky ones from the pet store, but I don't like how quickly they disappear, so those remain a rare treat for him.

#5 ·
The bully sticks from Costco have been our go to for the past couple of years! Other than some bags are stinkier than others we’ve had no problems. Bobby is a very picky chewer and not a power chewer, a very light chewer actually and the sticks from Costco are the only ones he will consistently chew. I’ve purchased other brands and some of them he won’t touch. I think the stink is more appealing to him.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.