Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday Molly had a visitor......My sister is dog sitting her G-Daughter's puppy and asked me to watch her for a few hours, as she had a couple of Dr's Appts. I knew this would put Molly's nose out of joint cuz puppies are so rambunctious, especially this one cuz she's a FRENCH BULLDOG!!!!! Molly had a lot of 'teaching' to do cuz Nova (the 7 mth old pup) is such a happy, feisty ,little girl with Eveready batteries! All Nova wanted to do was play, but Molly had rules she had to follow and she made sure Nova knew who called the shots in this house! Moll's expressive face and impressive 'lip curl' sent the message loud and clear.......The 'FRENCH CONNECTION' was negotiated with a treat-y and all was well on this Western Front LOL!!!

P.S. That pup was fun but I swear it has a face only a mother could love! Not a fan of her looks....... would never own one, if only for all the health/temperment issues!

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
MollyMuiMa!
I love your photo stories, please keep’em coming. So cute, this one really made me smile, Mimi’s first & best friend at a monthly dog social at a local ranch is a little bulldog that looks just like Molly’s friend. His name is Roscoe. They’re so funny together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
A face only a mother could love :lol: No kidding. Makes one appreciate the beauty of poodles (and poodle mixes!) to see the side-by-side comparison. Good girl, Molly, for keeping that puppy in line :)

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frenchies are having a moment in popularity, aren’t they. Molly is the kind of teacher a kid could get a crush on:)
No kidding, I'm seeing a lot of them here lately! ...... My Niece paid $3000.00 for Nova! and she said where she lives that is average (she lives in Las Vegas but is here visiting for a few weeks) They look like gargoyles IMO! Not even a high profile pedigree could get me to own one!!!LOL!:ahhhhh:

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Gargoyles, LOL!!! When I was in college, eons ago, a friend received a very expensive, “rare” French Bulldog as a gift from her BF. Her dog was white with spots. I was walking with her on the street when a child yelled out of the window of a car, ”That woman is walking a pig!”

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
A face only a mother could love :lol: No kidding. Makes one appreciate the beauty of poodles (and poodle mixes!) to see the side-by-side comparison. Good girl, Molly, for keeping that puppy in line :)
I really love french bulldog. I think they are gorgeous, seriously !

Molly seems annoyed at the puppy sometimes, her face tells it all...

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Those are GREAT :)!!
Caption, pic 3: Try me.
Pic 8 shows Molly's excellent sense of perspective on all things in life.
She was a dear and a good teacher for the puppy!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
LOL so cute. I once considered a french bulldog but never acted on it. I had heard they have health issues and smell. Don't know if thats true or not. We also have a boxer, lover that dog but they shed and mostly drool a lot. I could not ask for a better dog than our boxer, who really is my daughters. She is a adult but still lives at home. I don't mine. I got Renn when I was thinking that probably in the next 2 years my daughter may move out on her own and I wanted a big dog in the house. I considered another boxer but couldn't find a health tested one and then I kept thinking about the drool...thats the one and only thing I really dislike. Now that I have a poodle I wonder why I never did before. They are so clean. Cute puppy though.

·
Premium Member
22,890 Posts
It looks like Molly was a very diplomatic hostess. But yeah I agree with you I think they are not attractive at all and the health issues along with a bull dog temperament would not fly well at our house.

Reactions: MollyMuiMa

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
I really love french bulldog. I think they are gorgeous, seriously !

Molly seems annoyed at the puppy sometimes, her face tells it all...
I actually think they are adorable, and I will always stop to pet a Frenchie :) Maizie and I had one named Solo on our therapy dog team and he was a good boy. He was used as a neutral dog in testing as well and was perfect for that. I just don't think most breeds can compare to poodles in beauty is all ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts