Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just measured Vegas's tail, and his docked tail is the same length as my boxer mixes natural tail; 10 inches, or about 25.5 cm. Here's a picture of Precious so you can see her tail length (without the poodley hair!)

And a good picture of Vegas's tail.

How long is your poodles tail?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Interesting question.

Measured underneath. Base to tip of bone.
Delilah 9"
Sabrina 7"

I really do like a longer dock.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I will measure Enzo's later when i get home. His Dock is farely long too.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Measured from the top base to the bone

Suri is 11 inches
Olie is 5 - poor kid!

·
Registered
781 Posts
lol - ok - this almost sounds obscene! however, now i am curious and i am going to measure jessie's tail....

i remember the 1st time i saw an undocked tail on a spoo and i didn't like it - it's grown on me - i prefer a long dock, also. will let you know her length !

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
7 inch 7 month spoo

14 inch tail on my 11 month lab x (her body is only 19 inches long!!!!) i've been giggling about her tail being as long as her body and it almost is!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Sonja 7",Luke 7",Tana 9" Hershey 5" and poor Kate 3"

·
Registered
140 Posts
My mini Ted's tail is about 5 1/2 inches, that includes the hair stretched out.

His tail isn't that long, lol. I'm so jealous of the long lengths I read here. I wish his tail was long like a shih-tzu's own (even if most of is hair).

·
Registered
548 Posts
Both our spoos are undocked:

Toulouse (5 yrs.)>14 inches
Lautrec (1 yr.)>15 inches....and the winner is....:)

I have to admit, I was cracking up a bit while measuring. My husband said,
what are you doing? Ha, he, ho ...I'm measuring the dogs tails. Both he
and Lautrec had the same response, hmmm?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Lacey has a 7" tail. I like the longer tails too, however, Lacey's tail is a little on the gay side and a longer dock would emphasize that.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Lucy's, docked by her breeder, is approximately 10"... Meau's, docked at the vet at the request of her breeder (who was a bad byb), is only about 5.5" :wacko:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I had no idea how to properly measure a tail, so the way Carol (Cbrand) measured, seemed right. So, Romeo's tail is 9 inches and Brandy's is almost 8. But they looks like their tail length is the same. I guess it's because Brandy is so much smaller than Romeo, so I guess is all balances out.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I love the look of a long dock way more than a short dock or a natural tail. Poodles with pretty tails are soooo gorgeous :) <3

Desmond's tail... it's only 4 inches. :(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts