Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 12wk old Mini Saint Berdoodle. She is a mini Saint bernard mixed with an aussiedoodle. She will be about 16 -18 inches high and can range from 25 - 50 lbs. She is low-no shedding, great for kids with asthma, other breathing issues, or minor allergies. She sheds in her dog bed a little bit, I think it is the type of bed we bought for her though because no hair on my furniture, clothing, in my hand when I tug on her, or anything like that. I have a minor dog allergy, I get a rash on my hand and arms when I pet them and I do not have that problem with her at all. She is up to date on all shots and is dewormed. She has a health guarantee for 2 years and we have her pedigree certificate. We have enough food to last for a couple months, food dish, autmatic water dish, pet bed, collar, treats, brush, etc. Everything you would need to get started with her! We flew her out from South Dakota and paid $1350 total for her. We are willing to go pretty low but make an offer. This is a lot of money we are losing out on her. My husband just found out he has to deploy in a couple of months and my son has relapse in his medical condition. I cannot handle my twin boys, one who is often very sick, and a puppy while he is gone. It is just too much to handle at this current time and we would like her to go to a really nice home. If you could email me if you are interested that would be great. Again we paid 1350 for her and would like to see atleast half, possibly a little lower but just contact me if you are seriously interested.
I'm in shock! I can't believe anyone is so stupid. In general, about animals and money. Who pays $1350 for any dog and then turns around and gives it up? These people got the tax refund or enlistment bonus and blew it on the first dumb thing they could think of.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
*biggest facepalm in history*

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I had to go and actually look for this breeder and I found them. Really. It defies imagination. http://dakotawinds.homestead.com/Saintpedigree.html I don't know where they got their breed information. Frankly I think they made it up to justify using whatever dog they had laying around.

For a real history of the true St. Bernard dog www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeology/st-bernard-200801.html Really it is too bad that the St. Bernard dog has gotten so far away from its working roots. Sounds like it was a pretty nice dog at one time.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cooking meets dog breeding: a dash of Cocker, a bit of "Ori Pei" (wtf?) and a pinch of actual Saint Bernard. For that extra special finish, don't forget to top w/ genuine "mini aussiedoodle." B/c that teensy bit of Poodle magically cancels out the shedding in the other breeds, dontcha know.

·
Registered
165 Posts
*biggest facepalm in history*

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
lol!!!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
WTF!!! so there are no mutts or cross breeds any more just some fancy
F1 Border collie / lab and lets call it a bola colret and charge you 2500 for it :)
Sounds much better then getting it for free.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- P.T. Barnum (attributed)

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Could we fly to South Dakota and slap these people??? I know, not very nice, but seriously???????
I wouldn't have to fly - they're less than 3 hours drive from me (and I'm soooooo embarrassed!!) :doh:

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
A mini St. Bernard? WTF is that?

BTW, I don't want to start a new thread just to say this: someone asked me today if Teddy was a golden retriever. You can't make this crap up.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Could we fly to South Dakota and slap these people??? I know, not very nice, but seriously???????
I think that one who bought the dog for that amount needs a bigger slap LMAO

BYB is just BYB ...as any other BYB ... little bit "dull" but capable enough to make a LOT of money !!!! Not a small task in this economy LMAO !!!! Dude had great marketing strategy obviously !!!!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
... so I looked at the website cbrand linked...

is it just me, or do those dogs look like they are BARELY related to St. Bernards? They look like mutts that are at the animal shelter, honestly.

Who pays money for these dogs? Who would pay good money for a puggle or any of the other breeds that are bred like they are now? I'm just so curious. My "designer breed" was $65 from the pound, and she's awesome... thank goodness I never got sucked into all that designer breed stuff. I have been a dog owner (without my parents) for three years, when I got my girl from the pound, I was 19... the perfect age to be drawn into all of that. Ugh, ridiculous.

·
Registered
8 Posts
husband in the military.... twins.... one who's very sick

I KNOW! lets add to the family!

unless you're going to show.... i can't even imagine paying that much money on a dog.... not when theres so many needy ones right at your local shelter, usually a hundred bucks and a dog thats just great if not better tempered

1 - 16 of 16 Posts