Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday the mobile groomer came to spiffy up my extremely scruffy 6 month old boy. He came back to me looking (and smelling) pretty classy. I decided it would be a good time to break out a new toy I’d bought for Felix a few days before, and what a hit it was!

This extremely stretched “penguin” was wonderfully crackly and came with 3 squeakers, each with a slightly different sound. If Felix started on the middle squeaker while I “played” the two at the ends, it sounded like we had a whole penguin colony in the house! He played with the silly thing all day, until I noticed something shiny on the rug next to Felix. It turns out the crackly sounds were made by pieces of very stiff plastic wrapping. The penguin was quickly sent to Antarctica for safety’s sake, but it is possible if I can find a needle and thread, he’ll rise from the dead for another play date!

...yet another killed stuffed toy!

my cast was removed last week and now I’m doing PT to bring my right hand back to full strength. For everyone who was kind enough to respond to my grooming table question, I ended up ordering a folding table and an adjustable height arm, I decided I prefer the portability. When it comes, I should at least be able to brush Felix while my wimpy hand is gaining strength.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I know I've told this story before, but it is so funny, A friend had given her Aussie pup a toy with a squeaker. Before she realized it, he had swallowed the squeaker. She decided to keep a close vigil with the pup that night and hope the squeaker would reappear in his morning poo. Still, she slept near him, just in case he started having any problems. She jerked awake when she heard the sound of the pup throwing up... that sound never ceases to wake parents up! She turned the light on to check the pup, and as she was walking back to him she heard, "Squeak, squeak!" Yes, he managed to barf up the squeaker, and then tested it to make sure it still worked. He was not a happy Aussie when the squeaker was taken away from him, ha-ha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts