Poodle Forum banner
281 - 292 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Thanks to this thread I have learned that Kula is a cream instead of an apricot. I love seeing all of the poodle pictures.
I'm not sure what pictures led you to think that Kula is a cream. She is definitely an apricot and a lovely one! Apricots do usually fade a great deal as they get older, but it's the color they are as a puppy that defines them.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I'm not sure what pictures led you to think that Kula is a cream. She is definitely an apricot and a lovely one! Apricots do usually fade a great deal as they get older, but it's the color they are as a puppy that defines them.
Oh, okay. I was just reading the descriptions. I know that when she is bathed she is a very light color, especially in the sun.

·
Registered
Tyler
325 Posts
Such a fantastic thread to get lost in!

Tyler's breeder describes him as white/cream. At almost 9 months, his ears are still orangey and he has light orange guard hairs on his back when his coat is getting longish. His points are nice and black, but his toe nails are lighter. His dam had similar color, and his sire more white.

Who's a good boy on his mat while I'm cooking? ❤
Head Dog Eye Dog breed Carnivore

·
Registered
33 Posts
Glasses Dog Water dog Dog breed Carnivore

My boy Rufus (left) has lightened quite a bit from a faded red to more apricot—especially when freshly shaved. My mom’s girl (right) has lightened just a little from light apricot as a pup to basically a cream.

Their puppies look to all be in the red-cream range with most of them ending up apricot if I had to guess. One boy (not pictured) is already a pale as mom all over with no hints of red anywhere).
Toy Dog Carnivore Cloud Dog breed

281 - 292 of 292 Posts