Poodle Forum banner
261 - 280 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here is Sophie my ten week old cream miniature. Her Mom is white and Dad is red. The rest of her litter was black and apricot.

Attachments

Reactions: zooeysmom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Winnie is all grown up (turned 2 last month), so I thought I'd pop in with an update. I'm pretty convinced she is/was a sable silver beige, but feel free to weigh in. The photos are in order (I think) starting with her puppy photo all the way up to present, with a particularly fuzzy brushed out girl.

The second to last and third to last photos show her unique features - the stripe down her back and the reddish-apricot streaks in her ears that she sported for a long time. Now they're mostly grey as seen in the last photo, but she still has a few light apricot strands.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wow...she really lightened up!

I agree with you....I would say a sable/silver beige....Is there such a color as sable/beige? If so, she could be that color too...she is so pretty!
My spoo is definitely a silver/beige. She is still getting lighter and it is hard to tell how light she will be as she is only 7 months old now. Her father was a total silver/beige, so we will see how she turns out!

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is Soul. She is 9 months old and so full and of energy. She is also an escape artist. She can find any gap to get past you. She's never escaped the house, but can avoid her crate. Thinking of putting her into flyball or agility.

Sorry for the upside down pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Wow...she really lightened up!

I agree with you....I would say a sable/silver beige....Is there such a color as sable/beige? (...)!
Yes, it's a sable whose melanin is silver beige.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My little guy is a sable. I guess he'll end up cream with some black on his face and darker ears. He was the darkest puppy in his litter. The others were all basically brown from what I could tell. I wish he would stay how he is right now, but I know sables change dramatically. Glad I knew that going in or it would have been a huge shock.

This is him at 5 weeks:

This is him now, at 9 weeks:

·
Registered
236 Posts
This thread has been quiet for a long time! I last posted in here when Linus was almost 7 months old. Well, he just turned 4yrs old this month!! Here are a couple of more recent pictures of him.

Attachments

261 - 280 of 292 Posts