Poodle Forum banner
241 - 260 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yuki is absolutely stunning!

I am loving all of the pictures!!

I do not have my own Spoo yet but am looking into this particular pup. I am of course looking into all of important things... but am wondering... do you think he will be more apricot or cream? Mom is white/cream and Dad is an apricot. Thoughts?

He is the darker one in the very back being squished :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
What darling pups!

I don't think I could make a decision....:cute:

My apricot poodle is now 10 years old, and she was a medium apricot as a puppy, and over the years turned lighter and lighter...now she is a very light apricot...and I love her color!

Good luck in choosing an adorable puppy!

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
My almost 3 year old girl :)

Lou

(ps. and her almost 3 year old brother Apollo, on the 4th picture :D )

Mammal Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yuki is absolutely stunning!

I am loving all of the pictures!!

I do not have my own Spoo yet but am looking into this particular pup. I am of course looking into all of important things... but am wondering... do you think he will be more apricot or cream? Mom is white/cream and Dad is an apricot. Thoughts?

He is the darker one in the very back being squished :)

So the pup I had my eye on is now taken :frown:. The lighter 3 are available. I am wondering if they will be cream or apricot? Any guesses!? Hmmm ... Also (Perhaps off topic) does anyone in this thread have huge issues with staining?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
So the pup I had my eye on is now taken :frown:. The lighter 3 are available. I am wondering if they will be cream or apricot? Any guesses!? Hmmm ... Also (Perhaps off topic) does anyone in this thread have huge issues with staining?

The lighter 3 are cream now, they might stay some shade of cream or maybe even lighten to white. Usually creams whiten, mine seems to be darkening and becoming more creamy/apricoty.

Go for temperament. I've always loved apricot poodles but have ended up with a black and two creams. 15 years is a long investment...you will learn to love whatever color you have.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sad times. All of those pups I was debating about before I Got Gixxer came down with parvo. :( I am glad I went with my gut on this one but
So sad for them & their new owners... I hope they beat it!

·
Premium Member
5,628 Posts
l&l, that is awful. omg.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes. Sadly they did. I was wondering why the breeder stopped answering me the day I was supposed to visit. She finally followed up as to why. I'm not sure how that happened. She still has 3 which she is taking care of. Scary & sad

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes. Sadly they did. I was wondering why the breeder stopped answering me the day I was supposed to visit. She finally followed up as to why. I'm not sure how that happened. She still has 3 which she is taking care of. Scary & sad
Holy crap! Thats very scary . I hope they all come through it OK, but I'm really glad you dodged that bullet...parvo is heartbreaking.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Oooh I just now found this thread and have to share Linus! He's a cream. When I got him, I wanted white and knew he would be as an adult based on his lines. Now I am totally in love with his creamy color. He is lightening up but his creamsicle shading is just adorable, I'll almost be sad when he clears to solid white lol.

The morning after I got him at 10 weeks old

The dark stripe down his back as it was at 12 weeks old

At 14 weeks old

6 months old

A little over a week ago, he'll be 7 months old tomorrow

and for reference, his sire as a puppy and as an adult

I swore I had a puppy picture of his dam somewhere but here she is as an adult, when I met her to pick up Linus she had cleared more and was cut down of course, there was not a speck of cream on her that I saw, she was solid white.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thanks, I sure think so!! I fell in love with his dam from the first picture I saw of her and was so excited when a year and a half later I actually got a puppy of hers :)

Reactions: zooeysmom
241 - 260 of 292 Posts