Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guessed it. This thread is for the cream, apricot and sable poodles. So dig out those pictures and post them here, regardless of size, shape or pedigree. :)

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Cream / Apricot

Twist my arm to post more Sunny photos!

Sunny's CKC registration states the "colour is apricot" ---- although I refer to him a cream. I also included a photo I received before I even saw Sunny, of his "brother" on the cover of a magazine -- it shows the color better.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
There is a fine line between cream and apricot. Creams turn mostly milky white as adults with orange sometimes left on the ears and between the shoulders. They can range from a brownish/tan white to a milk white to an orange white. Creams can sometimes have darker shades or spots in their coats. A true apricot should be nonfading as they get older.

I was sure my cream would get whiter, but instead she started getting darker, more like her pics as a little puppy where she looked orange. Mine is not a full apricot like a few dogs on the board, but closer to apricot than cream. She is just starting coat change, so it will be interesting to see what happens in the next 6 months. She has an apricot standard line on her dams side.

Beautiful Darby is for sure a pretty cream rather than an apricot. White is a brighter, clear color. My spoo Clara was pure white (her pics are in the white thread).

Aren't poodle colors fun!

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Oh, your baby is beautiful,too! Look at those toe nails! :) One nice thing about creams and apricots is they often have good, dark noses and toenails that often do not fade as they age. My white spoo had a black nose that faded.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Here is Sookie at 9 weeks and now. She looks almost completely white now! She has a bit of cream in her ears on the ends. She is registered as cream. Then Nina in her puppy clip with lots of colour in her ears. Then now. She is way lighter but more cream than Sookie.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
These pics are of my second spoo Sport (ok so a few have Betty Jo or Jenny in them too). He was a wonderful gentleman of a dog. So very sweet. I still miss him.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 292 Posts