Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this thread last year, as I was very apprehensive about how puppy Peggy would handle Christmas. (Spoiler alert: She was pretty much perfect.)

I realize now that puppies are not who you need to worry about at Christmas....it's the older, wiser adolescents!

We regularly receive packages at our house (even more frequently since the start of covid) and Peggy has never once touched them beyond a cursory sniff. Well today I heard a flurry of activity in the bedroom, and then she positively burst into the living room, headed straight for the rug she always plays on, and started flipping a soft package waaay up in the air.

Okay. Weird. But not a huge deal.

I calmly told her to go to her mat, and she was about to comply when—poodle gasp!!—this came flying out:

Now, I know this is a Santa hat, and you know this is a Santa hat, but as far as Peggy is concerned, this is a poodle treasure and you are not convincing her otherwise. Just look at that pompon! And that fur!! Did Lobo Wolf have babies??

We've played enough flirt pole that I had no trouble getting her to release it. But suddenly every corner of the house has taken on new meaning: She's sniffing around, poking her nose in things, wondering what other poodle treasures we've got hidden.

Christmas is sure going to be an adventure this year.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
I realize now that puppies are not who you need to worry about at Christmas....it's the older, wiser adolescents!
Oh oh.

Cute hat. Happy Holidays 😁🐩

Reactions: PeggyTheParti

·
Premium Member
12,862 Posts
It's beginning to look a lot like (a poodle centred) Christmas!

Reactions: PeggyTheParti
1 - 6 of 6 Posts