Poodle Forum banner

241 - 260 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Chuui at 3 years old

OMG Kelfin, your boy is so handsome, and Jessica, Gigi looks luscious!

Well, here is my brown girl, Chuui. She just turned 3 years old last week on June 28th! Indoors day and night with artificial lighting (grooming table pic), and outdoors in natural light. I included two pictures for comparison, taken when she was about 8 months old; these were taken the same day as the picture in my signature so you can see both indoor light and natural outdoor light back then, also.

Her tail is really the most obvious change - it looks almost white against the rest of her. Her head, neck/chest, and front legs seem to not have lightened up much at all. Her back & belly, rump and sometimes her back legs seem lighter than they used to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
Zephyr

Zephyr is almost 2 1/2, and is getting to be such a handsome, intelligent and all around great dog! He has really started to mature since turning two, and I couldn't be happier with him. I groomed him today and just had to take pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Miss Merry the spoo at 4 months. She's our first standard and I think we're sold on poodles I think she'll fade to Cafe. Can't wait to see the changes as she grows! LOVE all the pictures. So much variety in color!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,861 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Time for an update on Chuui's color. She's now 4.5 years old. I don't think she can be called a silver beige or a cafe au lait. She may just be a faded brown, I guess?

She is 8 months old in the first picture.
Chuui 8 months 1.jpg

By the time she was 3 her tail had lightened so much it appeared almost white against her body.
Chuui tail 3yrs.jpg

Now she's 4.5 years old and her tail and body have both lightened very much compared to when she was young, but she doesn't seem to have changed much since last year.
Mochi 5yrs Chuui 4.5yrs.jpg

Her face however, has not changed as much as I'd have expected. She still has dark hair on her snout except for the top of her nose which has always been, and remains, a light reddish brown color. Her cheeks/jawline has grayed. This was taken yesterday (indoors, so not great light).
Chuui face 4.5yrs.jpg

241 - 260 of 263 Posts