Poodle Forum banner

221 - 240 of 267 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,378 Posts
Chuui is super cute

I don't know if it's a brown thing but my Beatrice is definitely funnier and quirkier than my other two

·
Registered
466 Posts
Also what color are the guard hairs on a brown?
And what color are the toenails?
Chuui has a lot of white guard hairs now, just like Mochi, but I found some dark guard hairs too, and they appear to be black or such a dark brown they appear black next to her brown fur. I'm hoping Chuui's white hairs will be just like Mochi's and simply stay as a spray of white in her fur and her regular hairs won't start changing color (so far there's no signs of any lightening of the actual brown hairs). She has black nails.

But I also think it would be neat to see her as a completely different colored dog in a few years!

·
Premium Member
6,378 Posts
Over the last 20 months my cafe au lait tpoo Princess Beatrice has changed a lot

18 weeks
100_9555.jpg
1 year
014 (1460x2000).jpg
2 years
20160422_123239 (2000x1125).jpg

AShe had a reddish hue as a pup, she has black nails, liver points and two tone dark brown/dark amber eyes

·
Registered
517 Posts
My soon to be little "brown clown" of the rainbow colours

Hi,

Here is my soon to be little brown bundle of clownish fun. His name is "Fenton" and the breeder is whispering his name in his ear so that he will recognize it when I finally am able to meet him. Alas, the little tyke is a long distance from me, and I won't be meeting him for a couple of weeks. I am posting his photos now, under "52 weeks of Fenton", but I will share the photos i received today from his breeder on this rainbow site of browns. Today, he is 6 weeks old. He is a very dark chocolate brown sired by a brown male toy and out of a black slightly oversized female toy. He is expected to be about 8 lbs, which is perfect for me.....I was searching for a more sturdy toy in brown or red. Found the little man. Will take some travel on both his part and mine, but we will be a family sometime mid-may.

I'll post today's photo below.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
My brown mini has gray guard hairs (those are the wiry hairs on the back right?) Her tips lighten from sun exposure and have a warm tone. However, when she gets groomed, her hair is dark brown at the roots. She has very dark brown nails (basically black) and a brown nose. Her eyes were green when she was young, but have lightened to a golden amber.

Here's a pic of her before and after a groom on the same day. You can see how much darker she looks in the after picture.

Also a pic of her pretty green eyes when she was a pup!
What a lovely dog. Has her coat cleared much and how big did she end up getting? I think I read you wanted an oversized miniature? Lovely.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Picture Updates on the Brown Clowns!

Hello owners of the browns. In my signature, is the photo of my brown oversized toy poodle pup (10 weeks in photo). He is going to be 12 weeks on Wednesday. I would love to see updates on photos of the browns so we can see how much change has happened in the rainbow brown over the past months/years......

I hope this thread is busy! I love photos and I am very curious!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Chuui has been a rich chocolate brown since we got her at 5 months old. But around 10 months I noticed her back had more and more white hairs growing in. Now, at age 17 months, she has a very noticeable light strip from the back of her neck to her rump. My father said recently, "You gotta give her a bath or something so she doesn't look so dirty..." Sigh.

She hasn't shown any sign of bring a silver beige - no lighter muzzle at any point, but the hairs coming that are not dark brown are all white. So I guess she'll end up a cafe au lait color, OR just a splotchy brown. I'm sort of impatient to see her final form. :bored:

This picture was taken in a dark room with a flash, but the light area down her back looks pretty much the same in natural light (her head and ears have not changed at all and are still a nice rich brown).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,378 Posts
Ah Chuui is so cute, hard to tell in the picture about color change
Beatrice at 14 months
020 (1762x1491).jpg
Beatrice couple weeks back 31 months
IMG_3078 (2000x1333).jpg

·
Registered
466 Posts
Chuui at 2 years old

Chuui just turned 2 at the end of June and her color seems to not really have changed much. In my signature picture, she is really all the same solid, rich brown color at about 8 months old.

But now at 24 months old, her back is clearly lighter than the rest of her. In the picture of her on the couch, you can only see the difference by comparing her feet/legs and face/head to the color of her back to see this.

In the picture of her standing on the table and in the picture with Mochi, the lighter areas are easier to see in the daylight.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Love all the brown poodle pix! There is such a wonderful range of colors. My best friend had a brown mini poodle 'Pippin' back in the 70s - so many great memories of fun times with him! We will be having a new brown mini girl puppy join us in few weeks - a second family dog and buddy for one-year old Charlie (yes, we'll have our work cut out!!). She's beautiful, we are so excited!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
So exciting, a week from today an 8-week old brown mini girl will be joining our family. One-year old Charlie doesn't yet know what a treat he's in for! He's very sociable and loves other dogs, so fingers crossed all goes well. We are preparing the nursery - and ourselves for some busy months and years ahead!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Chuui is super cute

I don't know if it's a brown thing but my Beatrice is definitely funnier and quirkier than my other two
Twyla, we used to call our browns "brown clowns" or "brown brains" because they were much more likely to be silly compared to the staid blacks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is our sweet and smart girl Lulu. Our first poodle...and man is she smart. I can’t get over how many things she has learned in the 2 weeks we have had her. I’m so excited to keep working with her and see what else she can accomplish. She is such a beautiful, rich brown and I would love it if she could stay this color but she will be perfect at any color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is our sweet and smart girl Lulu. Our first poodle...and man is she smart. I can’t get over how many things she has learned in the 2 weeks we have had her. I’m so excited to keep working with her and see what else she can accomplish. She is such a beautiful, rich brown and I would love it if she could stay this color but she will be perfect at any color.

221 - 240 of 267 Posts