Poodle Forum banner

241 - 255 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
This is my black standard boy, Rufus :) He is 2yrs and one week exactly.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
LOL those are so cute! I'm going to try and get my little guy to hold still. Not the easiest thing getting them to hold still AND photographing a black dog! Good job!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Tiny, my breeder sent pictures of the three in the running for my puppy, and they are BLACK. I agree about the ninja invisibility at night. I see a reflective "See Me" collar in his future! (Spent a lot of time playing 'find the black Scottie in the yard at night'.) I'm so tired of waiting for my poodle, any color poodle would be welcome!
We camp a lot in the Arizona desert, and a black poodle at night in a dark sky area is a challenge. I bought an LED collar that also flashes. Excellent!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
Mochi started out as an inky black and stayed that way for the first 3.5 years. She did have white guard hairs, but she didn't seem to have any real change to her color. Now I wonder if she's just a bad black, or if she could possibly be changing to blue? She's never had a silver muzzle though, and I thought that was normal for blues.

Here's her in May 2019, almost 4.5 yrs old.
Mochi May 2019.jpg

In July, we visited family with a pool and she went for a couple short swims, mostly clinging to me and trying to climb up on my shoulder. I swear her color from just behind her shoulders to her tail changed overnight! Here she is on the grooming table this past weekend, age 5.
Mochi January 2020.jpg

The same day out for a walk in daylight:
walk.jpg

241 - 255 of 255 Posts