Poodle Forum banner

201 - 220 of 255 Posts

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
I'm getting a black SPOO puppy, so he should be deep, clear black, no white hairs at all. (?) From puppy pictures on the blue/black thread, the blue seem dustier and the skin looks lighter. I wouldn't mind a blue, they clear to a very pretty color, but only if I knew there was a chance the puppy might be a blue. Have my heart set on black. When I first started to research the breed, I thought, at least I'll know the color if I can't tell much about conformation. Ha! This is where having a good breeder comes in:)

If there are any silvers in the pedigree, that is a good sign that they will turn blue. My former blue girl was from a black/ blue breeding, and was black until she was a year, then started to blue from the tail forward - - and she took another full year to clear! She continued to gradually get lighter her entire life, and by the time that she died at age 13, she was maybe on shade darker than my silver poodle.
I am still uncertain about my 5 month old black puppy - her Dam was a good black from black/apricot breeding, and her Sire was apricot with all apricot/red breeding, but I still wonder if the apricot could contribute a fading gene which will blue her out.
I love black, but I tell you, they are hard to see and it is kind of a relief when they get lighter lol
My blue girl Taylee
ImageUploadedByPG Free1404428053.170873.jpg

My so far black girl Timi
ImageUploadedByPG Free1404428112.493582.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,162 Posts
Tiny, my breeder sent pictures of the three in the running for my puppy, and they are BLACK. I agree about the ninja invisibility at night. I see a reflective "See Me" collar in his future! (Spent a lot of time playing 'find the black Scottie in the yard at night'.) I'm so tired of waiting for my poodle, any color poodle would be welcome!

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
Tiny, my breeder sent pictures of the three in the running for my puppy, and they are BLACK. I agree about the ninja invisibility at night. I see a reflective "See Me" collar in his future! (Spent a lot of time playing 'find the black Scottie in the yard at night'.) I'm so tired of waiting for my poodle, any color poodle would be welcome!

Yes, Timi always has to be wearing something so that I can see her! Even more when
I walk her because she is only ankle high and I don't want people to walk into her!
ImageUploadedByPG Free1405480049.202984.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
3,110 Posts
Love the pics of the beautiful black poodles yall! Here are a couple of updated photos on our black Luna
She's definitely turning into a beauty!!

·
3,110 Posts
Teaka and Timi are adorable! I love the sunglasses on Timi! Looks like she's ready to go shopping, lol.

201 - 220 of 255 Posts