Poodle Forum banner

181 - 200 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Pictures of Pepper

My lovely Black miniature poodle, Some pictures of her from just 4 weeks old up to 7 months at Christmas with her favourite new dinosaur toy

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
That's one of my favourite pictures of her a little black dot in the middle of my local field. She has gone to the groomers today so will post some pics of her later this evening . Having a post Christmas tidy up.

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
Love all the pictures. Such a bunch of pretty dogs.

Maurice's first day home

Checking out byb Chihuahua Jose` (about 10 lb dog) shows how little Maurice was.

More recent but not too recent...warming by the heater. Loves warmth.

Recent. warming by the sun...did I say loves warmth? lol.

·
Registered
995 Posts
So I avoided the 'Poodle Rainbow' like the plague because I thought is was full of memorials for dead dogs. In the last 18 months I lost both of my dogs and just haven't wanted to read any sad stories. So imagine my surpise when I find out it's about poodle colors! So here is an attempt at posting pictures. I looked through the entire black poodle thread and they are all adorable and beautiful. In the first picture they are just minutes old and more to be born and in the second they are 7 days old. I can't even say which one is mine, but she is in there somewhere. I think she will be Holly.....but I'm not sure.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,245 Posts
I'm still not sure what the term "bad black" means. Is it stray patches of white? A few white hairs in the coat? White hairs appearing on the muzzle of an older dog? Or any color, not black visible in the coat? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Mfmst, "I'm still not sure what the term "bad black" means. Is it stray patches of white? A few white hairs in the coat? White hairs appearing on the muzzle of an older dog? Or any color, not black visible in the coat? Thanks in advance."

Mfmst, for me bad black is one that may have white hairs, or may not, but the color is not really blue, but something that looks like a dusty/dirty black. They may get the brown thinge but it really seems to be from sun bleach rather then a color clearing. I would think that a dog that was blue would be so by three y/o or at least you would know, without a doubt that blue is coming.

·
Premium Member
9,245 Posts
I'm getting a black SPOO puppy, so he should be deep, clear black, no white hairs at all. (?) From puppy pictures on the blue/black thread, the blue seem dustier and the skin looks lighter. I wouldn't mind a blue, they clear to a very pretty color, but only if I knew there was a chance the puppy might be a blue. Have my heart set on black. When I first started to research the breed, I thought, at least I'll know the color if I can't tell much about conformation. Ha! This is where having a good breeder comes in:)

181 - 200 of 255 Posts