Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who all owns a black poodle? I see they are pretty popular around the poodle forum compared to the rest of the poodle coat colors out there. :D

If you'd like, please share a little picture of your black sheep
and a little information on them.

I own one black poodle I just got recently,
his name is "Cash" named after Johnny Cash
and is 3 mo. old born March 15. He is a toy
poodle and after only having him a few days
he is doing loads of tricks! We haven't yet
thought of a cool registered name for him,
but that will come soon enough. His nickname
is "Cashew" and right now we are going through
puppy hell. BTW, Cash is black it's just the
lighting of the picture, he does however have
a soul patch, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
This is Shadow. He is a 2yo standard. His birthday is June 18. He has a white patch on his chest and a little white goatee. He enjoys long naps on "his" futon and chewing on bully sticks. He also jumps up in the air and spins when he has to go out... (lol). He won't get up on our bed unless we ask him the right way...(we still haven't figured out exactly which way is the right one yet). He is a very good communicator and will let you know when he is displeased, which he does by throwing himself on the floor, letting out a loud sigh, and refusing to look in your direction. He is old-fashioned, in the sense that he believes that the mailman is his mortal enemy. He loves to play his version of "fetch", in which the human has to chase him and the ball. He is very happy to be a part of the club, since we just got an apricot mini puppy who keeps trying to take over.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
mercymom, I hate to burst your "black" bubble, :) but Cash does not look like a black, he looks like he is going to be silver, if not, a blue. A black does not have any silvery/brownish/light hairs in the face. Blues and silver pups do. BUT, irregardless, Cash is an absolute cutie and silver is one of my most favorite poodle colors!!

I love his name and especially his nickname, that is sooo darned cute!! Poodles are just sooo smart, glad you are having so much fun with him. Someday you'll have to make a short video clip and show us all his tricks. :)

Since you asked for black poos, her is my girl, Ivy, at 9 weeks old.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
What a great picture of Ivy. You really captured her expression which is difficult to do with black.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts