Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Teddy's first birthday was today, so we had a little party in the park. I didn't get a lot of good shots because the dogs had to be leashed the whole time, but I think they had fun anyway, mostly because they were together. The larger mini-poo in the picture is called Chextter. He belongs to my neighbor and he is Teddy's BFF. He will be 15 this August! He acts like he's 5 or 6.

That cake is a stuffed toy that plays "Happy Birthday to you" (somewhat off-key, I must say). In the first picture, the music was playing. Then he looked up when it stopped.

It was rather hot out there today, but it was a good time. Teddy has crashed. I was going to give him a bath because he was lying in the dirt, but I didn't have the heart to make him go through that tonight. So I wiped him down with a doggie wipe and brushed him and he's good enough for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR TEDDY :cake: ! Teddy looks like he had a great day. What a fun idea with the musical stuffed birthday cake. Does it have an off button :)?

Teddy looks adorable with all that hair. What a cutie !

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Thankfully, the birthday cake only plays through the song a couple of times and then stops automatically.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
It looks like he had a FABULOUS time. He is such a handsome fellow!!! I just love the little head tilt as he is checking out the music from that cake.

:plane:
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY TEDDY!​

Flying in to give him a big kiss and wish you both many more wonderful years to come.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Awww, happy birthday Teddy!

He looks like he had a great day, and he obviously has a great life!

I always say... I hope to come back as a spoiled dog one day! :D

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Marian, it's just as I suspected! Your special little Teddy dear had a birthday fit for a king! Good for him, and how very special and wonderful of you--every dog should be so loved. I applaud your decision to let the bath slide on his special day. I've done the same thing and Chagall sleeps in bed with us! I wish you and your darling boy many, many, many happy celebrations and years together. Seems longevity runs in your neighborhood-- Chexxter looks fabulous for nearly 15!!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks so much for all the nice comments, everyone. Teddy thanks you too (or he would if he were awake right now - LOL). He didn't escape the bath tonight, I'll have you know. He's so soft and he smells so good right now.

Chagall's Mom - Teddy sleeps with me too, but usually at the foot of the bed, on top of the coverlet. So it's okay if he's a little dirty. LOL

Chextter does look great to be that old. His owner is a young woman from Peru who got him as her first dog after her parents were divorced when she was a teenager. He moved her with her from Peru when he was about 8 years old (IIRC). She cooks for him and only feeds him the best quality commercially prepared foods. I think it has paid off! And Teddy adores him like a big brother. :)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Happy Birthday Teddy! May there be more doggie treats than your tummy can hold :D
Marian, wonderful work with a wonderful boy!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Happy Birthday Teddy!!!! Sounds like a great day. I just love the pictures. Makes me just want to smooch him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts