Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday Sept 24th was Eli's 2nd Birthday. He's been in great need of a grooming so I finally groomed him yesterday. He's been getting his regular baths but a clipping was another story. Here are some after pics of the Birthday Boy. In one he's given me a high five. He loves to shake and give high fives. lol

Also Happy Belated Birthday to Fuzbutz boy Rocky. Thats Eli's littermate brother.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Jenn, Eli looks great, this trim looks really good on him. After commenting to you about our boys birthdays a few days ago, when the actual day did arrive I forgot this time, but it just so happens that we were out shopping yesterday and found some great discounted doggie toys in baskets at Petco, so pretty much bought them out, came home with 30 different toys. Rocky was tickled pink as were all the others, so I will consider this a Happy Birthday surprise for him. Rocky says "Happy Birthday Bro" to Eli.

"Rocky" The birthday boy, 2 yrs. old. :cake:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow did you get some toys! lol My son was telling me yesterday morning that we had to take Eli out to get him a new bone and have some dogs over later for his Birthday. lol Kids are too funny when it comes to there best buddy. We didnt end up doing either.

After grooming Eli, cleaning up the mess, cleaning the house from the kids mess's, then dinner, I was exhausted! So we made sure we treated Eli to extra dog treats from home plus some left over's from dinner. He seemed content with that. lol

Eli says Happy Birthday to his bro too!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jenn, Eli looks great, this trim looks really good on him. After commenting to you about our boys birthdays a few days ago, when the actual day did arrive I forgot this time, but it just so happens that we were out shopping yesterday and found some great discounted doggie toys in baskets at Petco, so pretty much bought them out, came home with 30 different toys. Rocky was tickled pink as were all the others, so I will consider this a Happy Birthday surprise for him. Rocky says "Happy Birthday Bro" to Eli.

"Rocky" The birthday boy, 2 yrs. old. :cake:

LOL...I showed my husband the pic of Rocky with all those toys and he said, we cant have that. I better get out and get Eli some belated Birthday toys asap!

Eli is my husband's buddy these days. He just loves that dog!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
They both look great. How fun to keep up with litter mates. I would like to see how Eli is cut on his back. Love that clip!

Too funny about the toys!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Well! A very big Happy Birthday to Eli and Rocky! Lots of birthdays lately. They are both lovely spoos. I get a big kick out of how Rocky hit the mother-load of toys for his birthday! Makes me wonder what Eli is going to do to outdo his brother.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Oh thank you so much spoospirit for your nice compliment. Like my Hubby just walked thru and said "coming from spoospirit that is a real compliment". I am constantly calling him in to our computer room to read something or to show him pics that have been posted on this poodle forum and he very much admires yours and your sisters poodles a lot, both the way they look and the way that you handle them. As far as what Eli will do to outdo Rocky, who knows? I think the fact that his Mama gave him a nice new hair do, that he has already outdone his Bro., guess this Mama better get busy.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the nice comments. He really is a joy to own and what a love bug he is too. My oldest son, Alex, is just giddy over his "big black poodle" Eli. Thats what he calls him. lol

I think someone asked me how his rear was clipped. I attempted to do my version of the Gunther clip. However, I did Eli's mid section very short (with a #10) and left the length he had on his legs to grow out more. Face, feet and tail I used a #30. Im planning it looking like the Gunther clip eventually. That clip seems to compliment his structure better them some other clips Ive tried.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Happy B-day Boys! Eli looks so cute just chillin on the couch. Rocky is just going to have to much fun with all those toys.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Happy belated Birthday, Eli!! You're a handsome boy. I love the hi-five shot, even though it is not really focused, I love the expression on his face...lol.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Happy belated Birthday, Eli!! You're a handsome boy. I love the hi-five shot, even though it is not really focused, I love the expression on his face...lol.
I know it wasnt the best high five pic but the best I could do on my own. lol Ill have to get my husband to video Eli doing his tricks one day. Or atleast some better pics of the tricks he can do.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Happy bday eli he looks great Jenn !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts