Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity, what do the orange and green bars beneath our names signify? Same with the rankings of "junior member", "senior member", etc.

My apologies if this is posted somewhere.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Out of curiosity, what do the orange and green bars beneath our names signify? Same with the rankings of "junior member", "senior member", etc.

My apologies if this is posted somewhere.
These just show the amount of participation you have on the forum. Once you make so many posts you become a Sr member, the more you post you will start also getting "awards" on the forum for participating alot.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
These just show the amount of participation you have on the forum. Once you make so many posts you become a Sr member, the more you post you will start also getting "awards" on the forum for participating alot.
Awards? Dang, I never got an award. Is there an award for most terse?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
LMAO! Plumcrazy! I remember seeing like a little ribbon by my name once can not remember what it was for, all I know is it was for participation.....maybe you don't do it anymore?

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I think it's all automated... I had a ribbon once and then it went away - and I have another one now (but I don't know how long I'll have it...) I think the forum elves keep track of things like participation and activity and bestow "awards" from time to time (but no cash prizes) :( :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But what about the bars? What's the difference between the green bars and orange bars? Some people have really long greens and short oranges, other people have the reverse. This isn't a complaint, I'm just wondering, but it seems to me that there should be some explanation posted or else the bars don't serve much purpose.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
But what about the bars? What's the difference between the green bars and orange bars? Some people have really long greens and short oranges, other people have the reverse. This isn't a complaint, I'm just wondering, but it seems to me that there should be some explanation posted or else the bars don't serve much purpose.
Yep! :) I don't think the bars are being used the way they COULD be used in this forum (but I'm not sure what they're good for anyway...) but if you click on your user name in the upper left area of any post you created, you'll get a dropdown box that explains what the orange bars are and what the green bars are (not that it matters much...) and if you click on the area with the bars in that dropdown box it will take you to another page regarding forum members' experience... but it really isn't utilized - it's just "there". If members decide they WANT to do something with the experience points, etc., we'll need to talk to the administrator of the forum and see what can be done - otherwise, they bars are just there to show you who is very active (or not) and who has more experience (or less) on the forum...

Hope this helps! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts