Poodle Forum banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
I daren't bake cakes - I live alone, and while I start out with good intentions of slicing a big cake into portions and freezing all but one for later somehow it doesn't happen, and a few hours later nothing is left but crumbs...

I have a dog treat recipe that I use with a silicon dimple mat - it is a spreadable batter when raw, so easy to get into the little holes. Very approximately:
100g/4oz cooked chicken, minced or chopped - use a can of tuna drained or another meat if preferred.
1 egg
a good splash of the water the chicken was cooked in, or plain water
enough flour - wheat or rice - to make a thickish batter

Whizz the first three ingredients with a stick blender or in a food processor until the chicken is a puree, then add the flour a little at a time. Spread into the dimples of a silicon fat reduction mat with a blunt knife and bake in a lowish oven (150C/300F for about 15 minutes for soft, 30 minutes for crisp. Soft ones will need to be frozen, but if tipped out onto an oven tray and returned to an even lower oven for an hour or two they will be dry enough to last a while in the open.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

My latest creation is a lower fat and calorie cheese cake made with low-fat cream cheese and nonfat Greek yogurt. It’s so good and not as heavy as typical cheesecake can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It looks restaurant fancy on that beautiful plate! Care to share the recipe? :)

·
Super Moderator
3,020 Posts
When I grocery shopped 2-1/2 weeks ago, they were out of flour and baking so, but did finally have cake mix. 😄

Last night I used a box of Betty Crocker Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix, but not the three eggs needed to make it. So as a substitute, I used most (but not quite all) of a one-serving container of Yoplait Berry yogurt.

I was really surprised how good my cake turned out!!! Not homemade, but very satisfying, light and moist. The berry yogurt gave it a lovely mild berry flavor to the chocolate too. A scoop of Haagendaz vanilla ice cream too, and I was in heaven.

Btw, if you try this, I always use a stick of butter rather than oil.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
When I grocery shopped 2-1/2 weeks ago, they were out of flour and baking so, but did finally have cake mix. 😄

Last night I used a box of Betty Crocker Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix, but not the three eggs needed to make it. So as a substitute, I used most (but not quite all) of a one-serving container of Yoplait Berry yogurt.

I was really surprised how good my cake turned out!!! Not homemade, but very satisfying, light and moist. The berry yogurt gave it a lovely mild berry flavor to the chocolate too. A scoop of Haagendaz vanilla ice cream too, and I was in heaven.

Btw, if you try this, I always use a stick of butter rather than oil.
That sounds good🤩

·
Registered
136 Posts
Vita, I did follow her recipes exactly. I’ve also made meals from her recipes. None of them have disappointed yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
563 Posts
You can also make cheesecake with just yogurt and no cream cheese at all, it is quite good. You have to make the yogurt cheese by putting the yogurt in a colander lined with a dish towel and putting the colander into a large bowl and letting it drain for several hours or overnight. Or use a yogurt funnel.

2 c plain yogurt cheese
2 c vanilla yogurt cheese
2 tsp sugar (optional)
2 lightly beaten eggs

Combine yogurt and sugar, add eggs and mix gently. Put in a graham cracker crust and bake at 325 for 20-25 min. Refrigerate.

I like to add 2 tbsp lemon juice.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Wow, these are some beautiful pics! So much fun to see what everyone is making.

I was very apprehensive about trying a layer cake, it had been about 10 years since i made one, but it was my husband's b-day, so. I did a classic yellow cake with buttercream frosting. I would like to improve my icing technique, but no one complained!

IMG_0351.JPG

And here's the first thing I made when I finally obtained a bag of yeast. Hamburger buns--a big hit, and pretty easy!

IMG_0372.jpg IMG_0371.jpg

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
My mom just won two huge bag of some kind of baking chips and supplies on her sweepstakes. I can't remember what kind but OMG I couldn't believe the pricing of them. I never realized how much some it costs!!!!

141 - 157 of 157 Posts