Poodle Forum banner

121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Not only are they pralines, but they're also creamy pralines...not to be taken for granted. Those look good.
(I'm from New Orleans and I know my pralines.)
AWESOME😎!!!!! I've only had the creamy pralines. My family and I are from Jacksonville, FL. We would go to ST. Augustine, FL, and there's this shop there called Savannah Sweets, and they make fresh pralines and other Southern sweets, and they're so good!!

I would love to go to New Orleans one day and eat all the different foods.

·
Registered
347 Posts
AWESOME😎!!!!! I've only had the creamy pralines. My family and I are from Jacksonville, FL. We would go to ST. Augustine, FL, and there's this shop there called Savannah Sweets, and they make fresh pralines and other Southern sweets, and they're so good!!

I would love to go to New Orleans one day and eat all the different foods.
I think the St. Augustine pralines are as good the NOLA ones. I love St. Augustine!
The sugary not-creamy pralines are a candy-making mistake or a result of selling old pralines to tourists. ; )

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I think the St. Augustine pralines are as good the NOLA ones. I love St. Augustine!
The sugary not-creamy pralines are a candy-making mistake or a result of selling old pralines to tourists. ; )
WHOA! To hear a person from New Orleans say that ST Augustine pralines are just as good is amazing. ST Augustine is awesome😎 (can be creepy at night though.) Have you ever been there around Christmas?

Okay, thank you ;)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Lol! I would if I could! Savannah Sweets has a website you can order them from. I'm also going to leave the recipe up for everyone😁

·
Premium Member
9,483 Posts
Finally made DH, his pecan pie. I would post a picture, but I missed doing the fresh out of the oven shot and God knows how he’s savaged it at this point. I recommend making crust ahead and freezing. Cold dough is easier to roll, and a pie is that’s much closer. I LOVE rhubarb. It’s tart, so nicely paired with a sweet fruit. My mom used to make strawberry rhubarb pies. I can’t find good rhubarb in Texas. We’re missing the crunch.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Ahhhh!! Lucky DH!! I've had pecan pie just a handful of times in my life and have never made it myself. Perhaps now's a good time!

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
I haven't said anything in this thread yet because, well, I am not a baker at all. I made my first cake from scratch at 14, and it was brick hard and heavy. My dad had to pound it out to crumbs to put out in the our woods for the birds and little animals. It was so bad (I forgot to sift the flour and whatever else I did wrong). So I decided that this weekend, I am going to..... BAKE A CAKE!

I am so stoked about it... just can't wait. And I have everything I need. Oil, eggs, and the most important thing... JIffy Golden Cake Mix!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I haven't said anything in this thread yet because, well, I am not a baker at all. I made my first cake from scratch at 14, and it was brick hard and heavy. My dad had to pound it out to crumbs to put out in the our woods for the birds and little animals. It was so bad (I forgot to sift the flour and whatever else I did wrong). So I decided that this weekend, I am going to..... BAKE A CAKE!

I am so stoked about it... just can't wait. And I have everything I need. Oil, eggs, and the most important thing... JIffy Golden Cake Mix!
I'm honestly not much of a baker or cook either. I have patience for making certain things but not others. Dont even get me started on the tortilla shells I tried to make last week. :LOL:
Good luck with your cake!! I am sure it will work out.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #132

Ohhhhhh I WISH I had a photo of the birthday cake my husband made for me the first year we were married. It was thin, dense, and the frosting tasted like unsweetened butter. I'm not sure what the birds and little animals would have even thought of it!

I can't wait to hear (and hopefully see??) how your weekend cake turns out. I think now's a perfect time for you to get back on the baking horse! After making multiple cakes from scratch, I tend to think box mix tastes better anyway.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

Good luck with your cake!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
So cute!! I made dog treats today and I made raisin bran muffins. I have also added the no knead bread and the pizza crust to my list of things to make because it looks amazing.
Do you have or know of some reliable/safe dog treat recipes? I'm a little skeptical of the results I get from google. Like is coconut oil okay for dogs? I have no idea. And if there is a thread on homemade treats I'd love to know about it. Thanks for helping out a newbie!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Do you have or know of some reliable/safe dog treat recipes? I'm a little skeptical of the results I get from google. Like is coconut oil okay for dogs? I have no idea. And if there is a thread on homemade treats I'd love to know about it. Thanks for helping out a newbie!
Hey, I'm going to be making these for Sisko😁. Homemade Dog Liver Bites Recipe

·
Registered
308 Posts
Oh I cook for my dogs all the time, sometimes inadvertently. Like I made this carrot oatmeal loaf last night with cinnamon sugar on top and my standard poodle Blue jumped up behind my back, ate a giant bite out of it and threw it back up again at my feet! But when I actually bake cookies for them I mix peanut butter with a little baking soda, 2 or 3 eggs, and enough flour to make a stiff dough. Then I roll them out and cut into shapes, and bake until crisp. They love them. Sometimes my husband eat them too lol

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 157 Posts