Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Len and I are doing well, puppy-hood is behind us and the teen phase is waning. I am really enjoying Leonard. I recently went on a week long vacation, it took over 45 minutes to go over the care instructions for the whole gang.

Beatrice my 4 yr old toy, has kidney and urinary tract disease take two supplements and is on a special diet and they have to keep an eye on her because she has had bouts of incontinence and cruciates in right knee.

Pia my 3 1/2 year old toy has distichiasis, and severe food intolerances, she can only eat fish kibble. She has daily eye drops and allergy meds.

Gracie, the 13 yr old pom/chi mix has anxiety and aggression issues and allergies, she takes eye meds , allergy meds and two pills to keep her happy and she will only eat canned food.

Walter Grey the cat, has megacolon, takes two medications, one 3x daily the other once a daily and is on a special diet.

I will tell you it was awesome that I could say Leonard, just needed a special treat on his first birthday, he is healthy as an ox and has an awesome temperament. No special handling required.

I will say I love all my animals but it's nice to have one that isn't complex :wink:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wow that's a lot to keep track of! Your fur-kids are lucky to have such a devoted mama.

Reactions: twyla

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sigh, you sound like me.

I go to the ends of the earth to take care of the special needs of my pets and my pets through the years have been varied. But yes, it is so nice to have one that requires nothing more than a daily feeding and love session.

And it's funny when your post made me think back to all the various beloved pets I've had and the easiest I can come up with were a pair of goslings I hand raised. Bayabe's as the two were collectively called require nothing more from me once over the baby stage other than a daily cuddle and play session, and were devoted pets until a fox got them at 17 years of age. All I had to do was go back to the pasture and call "Bayabe" and they came running, climbed into my lap and nestle in for a long talk and cuddle. And yes, we did have games and play sessions, geese are very intelligent and capable of play. Anyone else walk into the pasture and they found a pair of ganders ready to take them down, and an enraged gander is actually dangerous, but never Mama, with me they were always sweet gentle souls.

·
Premium Member
22,858 Posts
It is so nice that Leonard has such simple requirements and certainly a testament to his great breeder, but for your other fur kids brava, kudos, hooray to you for tending so lovingly to their special needs, most especially Walter and Gracie since you took them on when they were older and knowing there were some special issues to deal with.

Reactions: twyla

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, :wink:
I am pleased that I got Leonard from a really good breeder, as for the rest of my crew as animals they got a bad turn in poor breeding and in Walter Grey's case dumped at the shelter because he was inconvenient, all I can do is give lots of love and the care they need.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
You could never be accused of being a bad doggy mommy............

Reactions: Mfmst

·
Premium Member
9,551 Posts
That’s why I was so thrilled you were able to get a new car. Your crew’s veterinary costs have been a huge line item in your budget. Hopefully all of the big expenses are in the rear view mirror.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts