Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the water out in the garage.:doh: I've patiently cleaned up huge puddles of water all over the kitchen for weeks and just am sick to death of it. Between the two of them, there is always a puddle in the kitchen so it's time for them to drink in an area that someone won't slip and fall on their water mess. The garage is right off of the kitchen so it won't be hard to get them in and out to get water.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
my garage is connected to the house I have there water, food and bed there (though they always sleep in my bed)
And also the door to the garden is in the garage.

It is so much less messy than having it in the kitchen since my dogs sometime forget to swallow there water :doh:

·
Registered
300 Posts
So do your dogs go in and out of the garage at will or do they stay out in the garage. I'm just curious because there is no way in the world I could leave my garage door open for the dogs. We'd have flies in the summer and in the winter, well, is's well below freezing! We have a dog fountain for the dogs and cats, it circulates the water and they love it! Well, all except for Pete who would still rather drink out of the toilet:doh:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to have them out of the kitchen, but in all reality, I think my 2 year old makes more mess than the dogs! lol

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
So do your dogs go in and out of the garage at will or do they stay out in the garage.
The garage door is just open. the garage is just like the house it has heating and the same windows as the house.
so there is no difference and well I live in Iceland and we really don't have so many insects and flies.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I was just reading this thread and I can sense the frustration... (almost every single post here so far has the :doh: emoticon!!) :lol:

Drinking water in the kitchen isn't the problem... it's the abominable snow-poodles coming in from the 6 inches of fresh powdery snow we received last night and having them shake and drip for 30 minutes all over the house!! HAAAA!

It doesn't bother me, I guess... I'm glad they're getting fresh air and exercise! :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Cash ..if you have a doggy-door on the garage door they could go in and out without insects swarming in ; ).

Kpoo - I hope that it will solve the problem LOL Did you try to put some big towel/mat under the water dish ??? Maybe that way water will not end up "all over" - just a thought :rolffleyes: Although I never had multiple dogs in the house so I am of no help here : (

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
HA! I have my bowls in the kitchen as well as there really isn't any other place to put them. I have taken a few flops on the floor....:doh: LOL I do have rug under the bowls but they walk away dribbling water as they go ~ sigh...

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cash ..if you have a doggy-door on the garage door they could go in and out without insects swarming in ; ).

Kpoo - I hope that it will solve the problem LOL Did you try to put some big towel/mat under the water dish ??? Maybe that way water will not end up "all over" - just a thought :rolffleyes: Although I never had multiple dogs in the house so I am of no help here : (
Yeah they took over my kitchen mat and although it catches plenty of water Mia will turn with a mouth full of water and spill out half of it on the kitchen floor on her way out to some where else in the house. The entire house is tiled except the bedrooms so yeah she leaves drops of water all over.:doh:

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
My floor is a mess too......but I dont have young kids either. Maybe a BIG rug will help. OR you could train them to use a napkin afterwards:):):)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My floor is a mess too......but I dont have young kids either. Maybe a BIG rug will help. OR you could train them to use a napkin afterwards:):):)
Man if I could train them to go up to the counter, get a paper towel and wipe up their mess, I'd be a millionare. I go through a ton of paper towels cleaning up after them so it's just better this way.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Man if I could train them to go up to the counter, get a paper towel and wipe up their mess, I'd be a millionare. I go through a ton of paper towels cleaning up after them so it's just better this way.
I cant do the garage thing so if anyone finds some more alternatives I would love to hear them

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
LOL you're kidding right?
Not at all. I have a friend that does this. She has four dogs of her own and fosters a lot, so it's easier and cleaner for her to just have the dogs water dishes in the bathtub. I thought it was odd at first too, but it's easy to clean.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not at all. I have a friend that does this. She has four dogs of her own and fosters a lot, so it's easier and cleaner for her to just have the dogs water dishes in the bathtub. I thought it was odd at first too, but it's easy to clean.
Yeah but my kids use our bath tub and no way Mia can jump into the big tub in my restroom. If I used my shower stall I'd have less room and have to keep my shower door open all of the time which I'm not going to do. I really don't have any alternatives at the moment. During the summer food and water bowls were outside on the patio and that worked out well.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Yeah but my kids use our bath tub and no way Mia can jump into the big tub in my restroom. If I used my shower stall I'd have less room and have to keep my shower door open all of the time which I'm not going to do. I really don't have any alternatives at the moment. During the summer food and water bowls were outside on the patio and that worked out well.
It was just a friendly suggestion. :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Hmmmmm:rolffleyes:

How about those "self-watering" bottles that come with a crate :rolffleyes:??? Could you teach them to "lick" water from a bottle like that and not gulp it :rolffleyes:

Maybe it would be healthier anyway regarding a bloat and stuff ...

·
Registered
578 Posts
This is pretty funny. I had a dog for 13 years that was such a neat freak that he never left a spot of water or food anywhere outside his dish. When I got Hoot 5 years ago I thought his sloppy drinking habits were a puppy thing. But no, he still walks away dripping cupfuls of water! And now I have another large dog that does the same thing. I have almost killed myself a time or two slipping in their mess.

If I hear drinking going on I often will run into the kitchen to wipe their faces. I would love to be able to teach them to lick their own chins. I think that the first dog never actually put his whole face into the bowl but daintily stuck only his tongue into the water. This dog also would also walk around mud and water puddles. Boy I miss him.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Yeap - this is really flabbergasting LOL

It only shows that they CAN drink it "nicely" LMAO

How about using a wide and shallow dish so they can not gulp and dip their whole face in it ???

1 - 20 of 32 Posts