Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for a hair cut!

Tate is adorably fluffy right now... however it really isn't fair to him to keep his hair as long as it is (probably 2 inches or so all around) in this heat and humidity.

I'm looking for a fun haircut for the summer. Last summer I just kept him shaved down, and I did that about 8 weeks ago to him.

I like the German, but don't want the body long. My friend's poodle, Bear, has a sort of schauzer'y face (similar to this, but shorter near the eyes)... and has mutton chop looking mustache/sideburns (which is adorable). So... as you can see, I'm torn! I can't decide what to do to the little guy! German, full body mohawk, short teddy bear cut, shave off, etc etc etc etc!

I would love some fun suggestions from you guys! You always come up with good ones after I've gotten him cut, lol, so this time I thought ahead and am asking a few days in advance! :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just put Mochi in a german trim with a very short body (7 blade on the body) so she doesn't have to suffer in the heat and humidity. I put up some pics in my profile album if you want to take a peek!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saw Mochi's new do... she looks good!

Cameo... I've always loved the Japanese dogs. They're so round and fluffy!

Jury is still out, I suppose. I've been scouring the internet for a cut for him. I'm kinda thinking something fun for the summer? Regardless, the little guy is getting clipped on Thursday... he's not handling the heat well at all... and is even panting in the a/c! Poor tot!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would I be dumb to print off a picture and bring it in? :)

I know most hairdressers don't like it when you bring in a picture of a haircut, so I didn't know if groomers were the same?

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Would I be dumb to print off a picture and bring it in? :)

I know most hairdressers don't like it when you bring in a picture of a haircut, so I didn't know if groomers were the same?
Not Dumb. Hey you can show better then you can tell. Thats why they are the experts. And you are paying the bill ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
As a groomer, I love it when people bring in pictures, saves me tons of questions. If its a good groomer they should be able to do what you like (coat permitting) or come close and if you don't like something they did---tell them they can and should be willing to fix it for you, I would.
On this subject---I once groomed a bichon I thought I made look great, then I babysat him for a month. After living with me a month I discovered I did not like the way I was trimming him at all! I got his "expression all wrong" but on the grooming table it looked great to me. Wierd, the owner was ok with it but I felt I missed something that made his face look "off". I fixed it!
Sometimes, it takes several times to communicate with the client to get the cut right for owner and right in the groomers head, especially with custom clips. JMO

·
Registered
575 Posts
As a groomer, I love it when people bring in pictures, saves me tons of questions. If its a good groomer they should be able to do what you like (coat permitting) or come close and if you don't like something they did---tell them they can and should be willing to fix it for you, I would.
On this subject---I once groomed a bichon I thought I made look great, then I babysat him for a month. After living with me a month I discovered I did not like the way I was trimming him at all! I got his "expression all wrong" but on the grooming table it looked great to me. Wierd, the owner was ok with it but I felt I missed something that made his face look "off". I fixed it!
Sometimes, it takes several times to communicate with the client to get the cut right for owner and right in the groomers head, especially with custom clips. JMO
I totally agree pearl :) Nice to see you here!!!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! His appointment is at 11 tomorrow, so I have to get a'printing!

I'm wanting something like the picture I've attached. I know that he won't be as straight as that... but I like the length (maybe even a tiny bit shorter, his hair right now is too long for me!) it seems very manageable and the little beard. It seems very HIM. Hope she can do it and it turns out slightly similar!

Yes, I know his ears won't stick up all adorably like that, but Tate is adorable all on his own! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been staring at that picture since I found it. LOVE the cut. Is it a real cut (to all my fav. groomers out there)?

That, and, how stinking cute is that dog? I want him! But I need another dog like I need a hole in my head! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts