Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor little boy looks like a gummy bear at the moment. He is completely missing his baby canine from the bottom left, still has the other baby canines, has all his adult incisors on the top but still baby ones on the bottom, and some of the molars are adult and some are still baby ones.

His gums don't look red and sore but he is chewing everything in sight - but that's not much different to normal. We're giving him frozen kongs stuffed with peanut butter and kibble and he has all his usual chew toys.

My understanding is that by 20 - 24 weeks he should have all adult ones. We're watching closely for any that are growing up without pushing out the baby teeth.

Any recommendations to help him through teething time?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hmm, I've only brought a few dogs though the puppy stage and I just made sure they had plenty of things to chew on.

It sounds like he has that covered, just keep an eye on them like you have been to make sure the puppy teeth fall out.

My Toy mix Cher had her puppy teeth pulled when she was spayed at 4 months and hers came in very nicely ^_^

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think you are doing all the right things. Just don't mess with his face too much as he could be quite swollen around there. Also, their jaws are the last thing to stop growing, so around twelve months, they may get another bout of chewing whilst this is happening.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that guys. Well all baby teeth are now gone. His bottom canines are quite a bit smaller than the top ones. Was looking like one of the top ones would retain the baby canine but overnight it came out so all is well. He is still having frozen kongs each night so will continue that for a while longer to help keep his gums soothed. He hasn't had too many problems through this for which I am grateful, cause our closest vet is some 100km away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts