Poodle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girls have had to have their teeth cleaned several times over the years. They are both 8 years old and have each had it done 4 or 5 times IIRC. I don't brush their teeth and should. Each time I have them in for a cleaning I grumble about cost yet don't brush. I need to do better there. I just scheduled a cleaning for them and combined the cost is almost $800, that's if they don't have extractions. That's the best deal I could find, does that seem a bit high? Their diet is kibble and some cooked protein and that's it. No treats at all as we've been trying to lose some weight.
What do you think?

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
My girls have had to have their teeth cleaned several times over the years. They are both 8 years old and have each had it done 4 or 5 times IIRC. I don't brush their teeth and should. Each time I have them in for a cleaning I grumble about cost yet don't brush. I need to do better there. I just scheduled a cleaning for them and combined the cost is almost $800, that's if they don't have extractions. That's the best deal I could find, does that seem a bit high? Their diet is kibble and some cooked protein and that's it. No treats at all as we've been trying to lose some weight.
What do you think?
I just had Merlin done (6 pound toy) in Canada and it cost me 400$ with 1 tooth extracted. He didn’t have the blood test before, that would have been 100$ extra, or the x-rays, another 100$+.

I find those prices ridiculous. For humans, it’s about 1/3 of this price. I brushed their teeth before, but not consistently enough (maybe 1-2 a week). Now I brush every second day and I think it’s enough and gives me a break in between. I have two dogs and a chronic condition. If I can do it, so can you. Have them done now and start brushing after. It only takes 30 seconds per dog and the whole even is 5 minutes of time.

I’m in Canada.

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
If you want a break from brushing to make things a little easier think about giving Himalayan yak cheese as chews (only with supervision).

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Those prices are a steal for California. I was just quoted $1,950-$2,250 for my Maltese in the Bay Area! I'm not paying it. Maybe I'll come up to Lake County to have her done :)

This lady on the Maltese forum said she paid something like $3K for a dental. It's getting out of control. Maybe if people refuse to pay that much, they'll have to go back to more reasonable prices? It used to be a few hundred here and then all of a sudden it got to be in the thousands. Insane.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.