Poodle Forum banner

Teddy's getting neutered today

2705 Views 27 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Marian
I'm also having him microchipped. I was torn about that, because I've heard various pros and cons and I couldn't decide if it was worth it. But when they reminded me that he would be under when they did it, I thought, what the heck, let's just do it.

Forgive me if there's already a thread about this, but do you guys have your dogs chipped?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,398 Posts
TQ is microchipped because I got her from the pound and it is a standard thing they do along with spaying/shots.

None of our boys are, however we have been meaning to get them chipped. TheGrey is a registered greyhound and has numbered tatted in his ears, so if someone couldn't find his tags/etc, if they were smart enough, they could look him up in the database.

I want to get the boys chipped, I think that it is just a good idea and a nice back up. TheFiance and I found a dog on Monday, and because of her microchip, she got to go home the very next day. If that isn't a great advertisement for the chips, I don't know what is!

· Registered
1,398 Posts
Yay Ted!

I wonder if... when boys get neutered... they have like... phantom *ahem* balls. You know? I mean, I'm not trying to be vulgar or anything, it's a valid question. Someone who loses their arm sometimes have phantom arm pain/etc.

TheFiance's friend had her pug neutered late - after his had already dropped - and he would sometimes just look down there and lick where they used to be, kind of mourning their loss, lol.

ANYWAY, glad Teddy is feeling okay and he seems to be himself!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.