Poodle Forum banner

Teddy's getting neutered today

2701 Views 27 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Marian
I'm also having him microchipped. I was torn about that, because I've heard various pros and cons and I couldn't decide if it was worth it. But when they reminded me that he would be under when they did it, I thought, what the heck, let's just do it.

Forgive me if there's already a thread about this, but do you guys have your dogs chipped?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,546 Posts
Unless you have a really odd brand scanner or chip, it should not be a problem. The two biggest chip companies are AKC and Avid and they can read each other's chips.

If someone really wants to keep your dog, they're going to remove that collar and throw it away. They can't throw away your chip. It's there to stay. You can prove ownership via the chip. Once the collar/tag is gone, it's gone.

· Registered
1,546 Posts
I would imagine if you had adoption papers from a shelter/rescue group, old photos with you and the animal (things of that nature) would go a long ways towards proving ownership - especially if the person that had the animal does NOT have those things.

My dogs do not wear tags, but do all wear a collar with my mobile number embroidered on the collar and are microchipped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.