Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:clown:I have tried so hard to train Teddy to be calmer but nothing works. He is always hurting Ginger. I know he doesnt mean to because he is not a mean dog but he is like a bull in a china shop. Constantly teasing the little dogs - and the counter surfing has escallated with both standards - right now Teddy in in the crate - and totally happy by the way - sleeping - Ginger laying down like a perfect dog but she got my nebulizer pieces from the counter and I can't find one piece - do you think she would go find it for me? nah! I have not been able to walk them - something wrong with my foot. Think I need a scooter or something so I can walk them. TEdddy usually obeys me but he forgets when he wants to play - its almost like he is a little puppy in a big body! help!

·
Registered
51 Posts
My thought is that he needs to learn that the only way he can hang out with the other dogs is if he respects your space as well as the space of the other dogs. And if the other dogs won't teach him, you'll have to. There are many different avenues you can take to try and get that result and for that you'll most likely have to search for a good local trainer.
Good luck.
Mark

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
It sounds like they need some serious training and maybe you can find someone to walk them for you so that they burn off some of that energy and can be calmer in the house. I wish you luck with your solution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts