Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we still have an Experience Board? I used to love to watch Dechi creeping up, getting ready to pass me (eventually) on the third page. I was cheering for her. :)

Also number of posts, number of likes given, number of likes received. An excellent measure of how valuable members stand out. Click & Treat, was getting more than two likes for every post/comment she made. Others are in that category. Even I'm up to almost two likes for every post/comment.

But maybe they're somewhere... and I just haven't found them yet...

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
That is so funny CB. On the other end of the spectrum, I'm not very competitive and I couldn't care less who's "ahead" (whatever that really means) or where I "stand," how valuable others perceive me to be. I rarely even notice or look at those things. I don't know that I would obtain my opinion of someone's value based on those stats or what others think. I base my opinion of what is valuable to me on my own set of standards which may differ from other's. I do like to see people thanking people (we don't have a thanks button anymore) when they take time out to try to help them. I see some people never doing that. That is just basic manners to my way of thinking. Like and thanks are not exactly the same thing.

Reactions: jojogal001

·
Premium Member
23,178 Posts
There is a thanks button so to speak in the form of a like button. Click on the thumbs up button next to the quote button.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Yes, I know about that thumbs up button which means you like something. But it's not exactly a "thanks" button to my interpretation of the English language. Hahahaha. (I hope no one comes a long and says, "semanics!" like meanings of words don't matter or as if your opinion that they do is invalid) Been there, done that. But the thumbs up will have to suffice. So, thank you, thumbs up and all that jazz.:)

·
Premium Member
23,178 Posts
Oh I know not the same since you can thank someone for some information even if you don't necessarily like the information. It is sort of like FB before there were different kinds of reactions you could give. Maybe it can be changed along the way. There is still lots of stuff to get used to, isn't there!

·
Super Moderator
5,173 Posts
That is so funny CB. On the other end of the spectrum, I'm not very competitive and I couldn't care less who's "ahead" (whatever that really means) or where I "stand," how valuable others perceive me to be. I rarely even notice or look at those things. I don't know that I would obtain my opinion of someone's value based on those stats or what others think. I base my opinion of what is valuable to me on my own set of standards which may differ from other's. I do like to see people thanking people (we don't have a thanks button anymore) when they take time out to try to help them. I see some people never doing that. That is just basic manners to my way of thinking. Like and thanks are not exactly the same thing.
I didn't even know there was a thanks or like button until the thumbs up appeared in the new format! So don't think poorly of me, please ;)

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is so funny CB. On the other end of the spectrum, I'm not very competitive and I couldn't care less who's "ahead" (whatever that really means) or where I "stand," how valuable others perceive me to be.
On the SAME end of the spectrum, PBG. I'm not at all competitive.

But after all this time some of us have seen the same ol', same ol' for so long that we tend to explore the board a little deeper. And spot things in statistics that others would never see.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heya all,

You can check out members stats and leaderboards here:

Jeff M
Thanks, Jeff. I clicked around on that a bit. If I care to study it, it will take some getting used to too.

But reminds me... where is Manxcat and her dead Seagull eating dogs? She was a fun member. A great sense of humour. fjm, have you heard anything from her lately?

·
Administrator
721 Posts
Thanks, Jeff. I clicked around on that a bit. If I care to study it, it will take some getting used to too.

But reminds me... where is Manxcat and her dead Seagull eating dogs? She was a fun member. A great sense of humour. fjm, have you heard anything from her lately?
I haven't heard from specific folks but I will keep an eye out! :)

- Cricket

1 - 11 of 11 Posts