Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a good home for Ginger and they've had her for a week but their problem seems to be that she will not go potty for them on a leash. When I got her she was a kennel dog her whole life but she was housetrained. Don't know how that happened unless it just happened when puppies where inside. So that's what she knows, to potty outside which is good but these people are retired and they want her to potty on a leash. The vet told them to give her 3 weeks to see if they can teach her to do this. I'm saying that if they have her for 4 weeks and then decide they don't want her, I'm getting her back with behaviors I didn't start. It's a tad frustrating at this point. I'm getting the sinking feeling that they want me to train her to do this and bring her back to them trained. I don't have that kind of time and I'm not one to continue to offer free handouts. I already offered to groom her a bit for them but then they wanted me to groom her for free indefinitely.:wacko: I can't commit to that and that's a ton of money to invest in a dog that no longer belongs to me.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Have you suggested they get a long lead first instead of a 6 foot leash. That way she can smell and as I say it "do their little dance" before potty. From the other thread I really don't think they are the right folks for Ginger.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you suggested they get a long lead first instead of a 6 foot leash. That way she can smell and as I say it "do their little dance" before potty. From the other thread I really don't think they are the right folks for Ginger.
Na they aren't. They should have thought of that but I think they wanted something for nothing. They cancelled the check like I was going to go out and cash it even though they wanted to give her back. Then they claim that they really wanted her.

·
Registered
578 Posts
My rescue dog is quite modest and likes to go off in a corner where she's a bit hidden. When on leash I give her enough room to go back behind bushes where she has more privacy. Sounds silly but some dogs really prefer not being watched.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts