Poodle Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Thanks for the information.
The crate size don't seem that much different from what I understand that most airlines have,I think I have to forget about airline traveling with Mindy .
How tall is Mindy? I’ve traveled several times with Nova but she is 13.75 inch and 10.5 lbs . Sandy at 16 inch cannot fit . We have used southwest and Frontier so far and haven‘t had any problems. Frontier is REALLY tight on some of the planes and the carrier really has to be squeezed between the seatsto go under but it hasn’t been that big of a issue.

I have never had anyone ask me to look at Nova while she is in the bag to see if she can standup and turn around (though she does manage it) . When we are at her desk to pay for the bag I close the window up so she won’t bark at strangers being so close and when boarding the plane I do the same (but leave the top vent open).

The only people who get to look at Nova up close is when taking her out of the bag for the security line. They don’t inspect her..they are just looking to make sure there isn’t anything that‘s not in the bag.

Even though Nova isn‘t really heavy it really seems that way when your walking with the bag on your shoulder.

This is a large sturdibag. The xl sturdibag is really big (I sent it back). It’s almost asking for trouble even if it can be push down.
Dog Dog supply Dog breed Carnivore Pet supply

Bag Automotive design Sportswear Personal protective equipment Luggage and bags

There isnt much room for feet though. Getting the end aisle seat makes it easier to get the kennel in and out.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I've also read the window seat can have more under seat space, but unless I HAVE to sit there, avoid it. Do not like.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Lol, I love the window seat. Nice to have a place to rest my head for my long nap. Hate heights, but I sleep like a baby. Only complaint is sometimes flight attendants will go on power trips about the window shade. I'm perfectly happy to obey, but I've had one flight attendant tell me I'm fine to close it and then the other come by and chew me out for closing it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
@Mel is the blue cords a fan for Nova? And do you have a link/ product name if so?
Yes . I got it in case it was a bit warm on the plane before the air started moving or while waiting in the airport. It’s not a must but I figured I wouldn’t like to be stuck in a bag with stale air..😊. I didn’t need it on our flight in December to Virginia but I think she appreciated on our summer trip. I also had a backup handheld but didn’t need it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts