Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is Take Your Dog to Work Day so Jackson came to work with me. What I learned: he sleeps ALL DAY LONG! I also learned that he still isn't the happy outgoing poodle I would like him to be.

He very carefully approached a female coworker and shyly allowed himself to be loved on. But a male coworker (with whom Jackson has interacted before) caused him to hide behind me and be just downright unfriendly. He wouldn't even come close for a tasty snack!

Now I know that if Hoot were also here, Jackson would be OK with the world. I am just going to have to work on getting him out without his big brother crutch. I always feel bad when I take Jackson somewhere and Hoot doesn't get to go but obviously Jackson needs alot more socialization.

He may not have been wild about being at work but I sure enjoyed having him with me all day.

·
Registered
644 Posts
What a great story, thank you for sharing!!! It's so fun isn't it?!

I got fozzie when I had a job I could take him to. Got laid off two weeks ago....but I can say that for that brief time I could take him to work I liked my job more, worked harder, and was more relaxed, even during the stressful time leading up to the lay off.

periodically I'd walk him around the room and he'd somehow point me toward someone who I'd then notice was very stressed out. I'd ask them, do you need puppy love and inevitably they'd look up at me and say "how did you know?"

(well behaved and well mannered) pets are the antidote to the inhumanity of work, if you ask me! :)

I sure hope my next job either allows me to stay home a few days a week. FozziesPa is here two days, so if I can do two different days then we'd only need doggie day care once a week.

Here's hoping!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts