Poodle Forum banner

take mesures imediatly?

4K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  Chance's Mom 
#1 ·
a message was sent to me in my forum mail, saying my computer had a virus? did anyone else get one?

its under william duncan, account was created today

#3 · (Edited)
message said

"A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://remove-malware.servebbs.org/o...Jeremy;Lincoln[/url] Love;myfunnyvalentine;grantaliatake
If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).
----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration www.poodleforum.com"

so just wondering

#9 ·
message said

"A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://remove-malware.servebbs.org/o...Jeremy;Lincoln
Love;myfunnyvalentine;grantaliatake
If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).
----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration www.poodleforum.com"

so just wondering
DO NOT CLICK ON THE ACTIVE LINK IN myfunnyvalentine's POST, EITHER!! IT'S POSSIBLE IT WILL TAKE YOU TO A SITE WHERE MALWARE WILL BE DOWNLOADED ON TO YOUR COMPUTER...

Moderators, is there any way you can edit myfunnyvalentine's post to remove the hyperlink from her message?

Thanks!!

#11 ·
Yeah... just what I was thinking! :lol: I really hate it when people come onto our (sometimes) friendly forum and start messing with viruses/malware/spam, etc... It just ruins everything!!! :evil:

#13 ·
I got it, too. I clicked it. It was trying to sell me antivirus software. Unfortunately I let me Norton antivirus expire. So I downloaded free trialAVG. Did a whole computer scan ( took almost 2 hours!!!) , 2 viruses and 4 trojans were detected and I cleaned it out. Hope my PC is okay now.
I did have trouble getting back on here to report I am clean. This red screen popped up twice telling me this site was unauthorized. Again, I got pop ups trying to sell me antivirus software. I finally got to post this here.
All right.................who angered the cyber gods?????

#15 ·
Good job everyone. Just always be careful when you receive emails or PMs from a member you do not know and it has a link in it. DON'T EVERY CLICK ON THESE LINKS.

The Admin team here does not send out emails like this so it will never be from us. Use good judgment and if you're unsure, just ask before you click on anything. :)

#20 ·
I got one too,the other names in the message sent were:Me(Moxie),kokonut,
skatMonkey,Kanatadoggroomer,and Grace Lieberman!Besides not clicking on the link,and before deleting this message,is there something I should do with this message.I got it yesterday,called my "Cyber Defender tech support" they told me not to click the link! The message is still in my private message box.When I just came on to look for it,it said this member was banned.

#21 ·
I think you can go ahead and delete the message, Moxie... Good thing you didn't click the link!! :) The moderators are aware of this scumbag and have banned him so he can't do this anymore (under that name anyway!) If you ever get another one of these suspicious messages, just report it to the moderators (roxy25, spoospirit or poodleadmin)!

#24 ·
I am so sorry Partial :smow:- I wish I know what you should do now : (((.

I never got that PM and I also have the Apple laptop so I am sort of protected from PC viruses ! My hubby made sure I stick with Apple LOL since I was notorious "virus" collector :doh:- so do not feel bad - many people are naive enough to "click" the wrong thing - that is why those scum-bags are so successful in their strategies !!!!!! :fish:

Just HORRIBLE what those people do - may it hunt them through eternity !!!!

>; }

#25 ·
Partial2 - Don't feel bad...............I was stupid enough to click the link only because it said something about not going on the forum because I would bring the virus into the forum. Luckily all is better now! Along with an upgraded anti-virus program.

#26 ·
I got the message as well, but then I've been away from the computer for several days. I completely fell for it but luckily never clicked the link because there seemed something too 'demanding' about the wording of the email, especially the 'contacting your isp' bit... After paying for somebody to take a look at the computer, they determined that there was no virus. LOL what a welcome to the poodle forum!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.