Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to start getting out and walking now that the weather is getting better. I stopped at Dianne's house to see if she and her dogs wanted to come with me. Not only did she want to join me but so did her husband, Lee. So we went out; all eight dogs and the three of us.

We worked on recall and they did quite well. They are learning to stay on the road (off of other people's property) and come back when called. For their first night out all together, I was really happy with how well they did. Especially as the route we took has many dogs on it along the way. We had leashes with us just in case we ran into any trouble.

We had a good time as well as the dogs and got some fun photos. It was getting late and they are a bit grainy but still fun to share.

Dianne will be posting her choices her as well.

What is it with the golden? She never seems to be in sync with us!

Billy found something very interesting behind the pines

Taffy moving out in her new clip

And, looking like a My Little Pony prancing

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Billy takes the lead as always

Stampede
...Chantel's just a tad muddy...LOL
Billy, Alphie, Ivy, and Chantel

Billy decides to come back and check on the rest of us....

It's the treat lady....you are very popular if you have this position

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Taffy learns a new trick...thank you auntie Die...everyone watch now! Brandy isn't doing this for any kind of treat!

Good form!

And one more time for good measure

Good job, Taffy! Mom is soooo proud!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Billy politely waits for us to catch up

Our turning point....almost a mile out...all eight of our furbies coming back.

Taffy, my agility choice

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Air borne!

Beautiful form!!! No one made her do this. She went into the woods and I recalled her. This is the route she chose instead of coming back down the banking.

The old girl is slowing down.....Hope she doesn't get run over by the stampede heading her way!!

Taffy takes a break....she gets to wear a pretty collar now that she isn't in continental.

Dianne's turn!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Sorry, Deb, but too tired and don't have the pics ready yet. Going to bed and will add pics tomorrow afternoon. :) Hope you all enjoy the ones Deb posted, we all had a great first spring walk!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Great photos as always!! I love to see your dogs running loose like this, enjoying life, having a blast. I wish we didn't live on a highway. It would be so much fun to do this with our crew. Thanks for sharing. These are just great.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I love your spoos (and the Golden and the Dobie), they look like they really enjoy life! I really like Taffy's 'do in action, it suits her!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Fabulous shots! What fun to be surrounded by so many spoos at once, and a golden of course. They all look like they're having a blast. I love the leaping shot. I can't believe you caught it on film!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love your spoos (and the Golden and the Dobie), they look like they really enjoy life! I really like Taffy's 'do in action, it suits her!
Thank you. We really enjoy life with them!! They are so much fun to be around all of the time.

Here is a portrait I did of Dianne's doberman, Jade, while at Hallmark Institute of Photography in 2008...

She is an excellent example of the doberman breed. I won two awards for this portrait.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Gorgeous Dobe. I love Taffy's clip. She looks like a lion with her coloring.

We had an off leash play date today too, but I didn't get any pictures. It was kind of impromptu and I didn't feel like going back upstairs to get the camera. We had all little guys though - 3 mini poodles (one white, one silver and Teddy) and one Maltese. All boys, and they had a blast.

Then we (just Teddy and I) went shopping, to Home Depot, Best Buy, Pier One and Pet Goods. And Teddy came in at all four stores. I noticed the Home Depot has a "No Pets" sign on the door that I don't recall seeing before. I just ignored it and went in with him anyway. No one told that me I couldn't bring him in and all of the employees I encountered were just oohing and ahhing over him and petting him, etc. LOL Maybe they just put the sign up in case someone brought in an unruly dog, so they could kick them out more easily. *shrugs*

In Best Buy, I put him in my Outward Hound Sling-go. Nobody cared. In Pier One, I just carried him in. I was only going in to buy some candles, so I didn't even bother leashing him. They told me that people bring their little dogs in there all the time, so no biggie there either.

Sorry, didn't mean to go so OT on your thread, but I thought of you (or was it Diane who mentioned it?) when I saw the no pets sign at Home Depot. I guess someone got bit in one of their stores somewhere, so now their insurance company probably told them to put up those signs. I have no doubt that if I had brought Teddy in on the floor, they probably would have said something to me, but since I was carrying him going in, they didn't. Half the time though, people don't even realize that he's not a stuffed animal when I'm carrying him. As if I would take my teddy bear shopping with me. LOL!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fabulous shots! What fun to be surrounded by so many spoos at once, and a golden of course. They all look like they're having a blast. I love the leaping shot. I can't believe you caught it on film!

It is a great time anytime we can go out with them and let them be what they are best at; being dogs!

I was surprised and excited when I saw that Taffy was going to come back over the ledge rather than ground. It gave Dianne time to set up to pan the camera as she made her leap to keep it as clear as possible.

I was also excited to see how fearless and how graceful she was as she did it. Taffy always seems to choose the most challenging ways to do things. I have high hopes for her in agility.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
ohhh, wonderful pics of wonderful dogs!!! I'm currently very excited about our next 'poodle party' cos it's looking like we'll have I think 10 or more spoos there next time! I love these poodles free running.... mmmm!

·
Registered
39 Posts
o_O OMG I love your dogs. I wanna spoossssssssss! I haven't seen one yet in real life. We only have miniatures and toys here.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
You are very confident walking all of them off leash!! I wish we had less traffic here......
Your spoos a fabulous dogs. I cannot wait to see their future pups!

And Taffy always my FAV!! LOVE HER.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Awesome pictures as usual!! Your dogs are gorgeous and they look SO happy and alive and FREE!! I love it! There's something exhilarating about watching a pack of dogs running off leash together! So happy you were so kind to share pics with us!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Amazing entourage and they are so free. I wish we could do this here, but we live in a village and there are leasing laws.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ohhh, wonderful pics of wonderful dogs!!! I'm currently very excited about our next 'poodle party' cos it's looking like we'll have I think 10 or more spoos there next time! I love these poodles free running.... mmmm!
Oh, wonderful! I can just imagine how you must feel! For me, going out with 10 spoos for a walk would be like a walk in Heaven. You'll have to share with us!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts