Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a big day for Taffy, me, and Untie Die! She was a bit nervous to be at the vets office but did very well. The Vet spent a good amount of time with us while doing the ultrasound, explaining everything that we were looking at and looking over and over at her tubes. Nothing was found.

We know that this does not mean that a single pup or two couldn't be hiding behind the bowel but the vet really doubts that that will be the case. Because she was caught so late and because first heats can result in the bitch not even producing eggs she feels that it is highly doubtful that she conceived.

I am both excited that we dodged the bullet so to speak but also just a bit disappointed because I was getting used to the idea of having a few little fur balls around. Of course, it is best for all around that she is not pregnant (we hope).

We will continue to monitor her until she is past her due date just in case there is that one or two that could have been hiding.

Taffy will go back to preparing for the show ring now.

I want to thank all of the forum members who participated in our other thread and were forthcoming with both encouragement and advice. It has made this time for me easier to bear.

Here are some pics from Taffy's bid day and Dianne will post some other really good ones after I have.

Our Team:

Hmmmmm.....this looks familiar! LOL

I hope they are not going to stick me with a needle!!

One of our vet getting to know Taffy. She has not seen Taffy before but she sure did like her.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, that's good news right!

Yes it is....Taffy is too young to be having a litter and we have yet to have the testing done on our pack so everything is in place when we have our first breeding. We are relieved.

Taffy will go through her false pregnancy and when she is done, I will be getting her feet wet in the show ring. By the time all of the obvious signs have gone away, she will be old enough to show in the 1 year class.

Whenever Taffy goes into heat from now on, she will be going to live with Dianne for the duration as she does not have a dog. This is the safest way to handle her heats.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
thats great news ! keeping my fingers crossed for you

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good news! The first pic of her on the exam table makes me laugh b/c it's SO the face we've all had before.
Yeah! MOM, what are you doing to me??! I remember seeing that same look on my children's faces when they went to their pediatrician! LOL

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
So the vet also palpated her and thinks there are no puppies there. I just worry that at 37 days an ultrasound can't see much because the puppies get too big.

Here's hoping that she is simply having a false pregnancy!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the vet also palpated her and thinks there are no puppies there. I just worry that at 37 days an ultrasound can't see much because the puppies get too big.

Here's hoping that she is simply having a false pregnancy!

Thanks, Cbrand. The tubes were totally empty with the exception of a minor bit of fluid. We could see the long, thin tubes and they were dark with nothing in them. But, as a precaution, we will keep a close eye on her around her due date.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yeah, the vet did a a very thorough job of going over and over the full length of the tubes and also we moved her from her side to her back to allow more looking room. We could see the tubes but other than a small amount of fluid that the vet said is normal for after a heat cycle, there was nothing in them. BUT, as she said, one pup could be hiding someplace, it is a possibility, although she doubts it, so we will be keeping an eye on her to be sure!!

We are very relieved that "too young taffy" will not be having pups!

Here are some pics I took of the 'day at the vets' :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I am glad to hear that you are hangin till past the due date . I agree with cbrand that the ultrasound is not proof positive...

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Ohh, my fingers are crossed that there really is nothing there. Yes, puppies are exciting, but it'll be good to be able to plan for them properly when they're supposed to come along!!!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Yeaaayyy to "free love" :thrasher::hippie::dancing: LMAO !!!!!

Those guys knew what they were doing *wink *wink , he he heee !

Ah, the youth nowadays c-c-c-c, giving us heart-attacks for nothing :caked:

I am happy that Taffy does not have to go through "all that jazz" so young : )))

and it is just great that you can now somewhat relax : ))) !!!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Thanks for the update. It's great to hear nothing showed up. Of course you won't know for sure till after the due date, but I have my fingers crossed that day will come and go with nothing more than toy "puppies". :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Oh, I think she looks so sweet in all of those photos. And I'm glad you got good news (even if you are waiting until after her due date to celebrate)!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
That's good to hear! I hope the vet is right. I understand being a bit dissapointed, but you'll have a planned litter before you know it.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
She looks like such a sweet, co-operative patient. I bet the veterinarian and techs loved her, I know we would have! <3

1 - 20 of 24 Posts