Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While preparing the spoos for their photo the other night, I let Billy's and Taffy's hair down. Taffy was so pretty with her hair down that we took a series of pics of her and I thought I would share them with you.

I just love the lighter ends that make a beautiful halo around her head in the light. Too bad it really doesn't show here.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
She's GORGEOUS!!!! I just want to run my fingers through her silky, satiny coat!!! Beauty!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Gosh she is just the most beautiful thing ever. :) I love the way she looks with her hair down, she looks like a super model!!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all. That is exactly what Dianne said about her while we were taking her pictures. We have never seen that before and we noticed it after Chantel was groomed too; she had that same shimmer. We did start giving them a supplement for hair, nails, and skin a while ago and wonder if we should attribute it to that. We just love how they shine!!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I'll say it is . Man that is some awesome looking coat ....I am prepping to do raw Very intersted in that ... This will be a great additive to that ...
thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She is stunning !!! What suppliment are you giving ?
bigred....We are giving an OT from our Rite Aid Pharmacy. It simply says Hair, Skin & Nails, dietary supplement with Lutein & MSM. I just pop one down each dogs throat right before their meal each night. Oh....they also get a fish oil gel pill that I poke a whole in and squeeze out into their kibble. Then I drop the shell in because there is still some oil inside of it. They eat everything.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Taffy has a really interesting coat color. It starts our nearly red at the skin then turns the most interesting color of yellow and then goes almost white on the ends and that gives her the look of having a halo over her. I love the way she is colored.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
What size blade did you use to trim her face. It looks super close like a #30, but I thought they would be too sensitive for a trim that close. It looks gorgeous. Very well done.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What size blade did you use to trim her face. It looks super close like a #30, but I thought they would be too sensitive for a trim that close. It looks gorgeous. Very well done.
Actually, I was disappointed because we misplaced the #30 blade and had to use a 10! I have done Taffy with a 30 twice now and her skin is darkening so she looks great with a close trim. I wanted them done with the #30 for them to look their best. I have not had a problem with razor burn on her. She seems to tolerate it quite well. And it really brings out the chiseling that she is developing in her face now that she has started to mature.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I think she looks fabulous. Perhaps if you did the #30, you may not see so much of the shimmer. I can't get over how glossy her whole coat looks.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just love this little girl. She has a beautiful face. But, for conformation, I wish she had a smaller eye. They are lovely and so expressive but a bit on the large side.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I just love this little girl. She has a beautiful face. But, for conformation, I wish she had a smaller eye. They are lovely and so expressive but a bit on the large side.
I adore her larger eyes, yes I know the show prefers smaller, but boy, those large almond eyes are just so soulful!!! And her coat, texture and color are unbelievable. You are doing an amazing job with her. :)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
She's just beautiful. I love her coat.. maybe one day mine will be in a modified cont. who knows. I just shaved Dodger down though!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She's just beautiful. I love her coat.. maybe one day mine will be in a modified cont. who knows. I just shaved Dodger down though!
Thank you Aidan.

Hair grows fast ....LOL It'll be in before you know it.

Taffy is not in a modified but it looks like one. She missed the one show that she was entered in as a puppy because our mom passed away that week. We figured there was no sense in keeping her in puppy clip since we weren't going to make another one before she was one year of age so we put her right into the continental pattern and are growing her out. She is doing pretty good considering she is 10-months old now.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts